51

Zayn's POV

2 years later

I gripped the top of my beanie before pulling it off my head, pushing the door in front of me open and entering inside the building.

My ears perked at the sound of the rb&b music lightly playing through the speakers, not capturing anyones attention since they were drowning themselves in alcohol.

I glanced at a few customers before heading for the table in the middle, knowing that was where I would find him. I kept my gaze straight after I found who I was looking for, recognizing the shape of the person's back that was facing me.

I came around the multiple tables that were blocking my way before I inched closer to him, watching as he set his beer down and looked up at the tv.

"Surprised you're still into that one." I commented as I pulled out the high chair and sat on top of it.

His dark green eyes flashed towards me as he held onto his bottle.

"Surprised you found me here." Harry commented monotonously.

"You're not hard to find." I let out a grin as I peered at my old friend.

"I love the company here." Harry replied as he looked down at his drink before pouring it into his mouth.

"Ah yes... the hundreds of people crowding you and asking how your day was is quite fascinating." I joked as his eyes met mine before he slightly smiled.

"It's good to see you mate." Harry chuckled before I reached over and patted his back.

"It's good to see you too." I smiled as I held onto his shoulder.

"How you been?" Harry asked before swigging his beer.

"I'm doing just fine." I replied calmly as I adjusted in my seat.

Harry took that as a concern as his eyes genuinely met mine again.

"Yeah?" He questioned, unsure of my response.

"How are the others? You've seen any of them around lately?" I asked as Harry sighed, looking down at the table immediately.

"Niall I think is in California...... Liam.... last I heard he moved to New York... and Louis......" Harry grew quiet as his name fell out of his lips.

"How's Louis doing?" I asked sincerely as I leaned in a bit.

"I was gonna ask you the same thing but clearly you don't know either." Harry sighed as he looked at the wall distantly.

"I haven't heard from him since......." I left the rest of the sentence alone since I knew I didn't want to finish it.

"Yeah..... I haven't heard from him in a while." Harry spoke after clearing his throat.

"Well... I'm glad to see you're still here." I said as I eyed him.

"Yeah.... It's kinda hard to leave this place if you ask me." Harry breathed as he played with his bottle in one hand.

"It's mainly cuz of the good beer." I commented before we both laughed.

"For sure mate.... For sure." He chuckled before we sat in silence.

"I'm glad to know I still got a friend around here too." Harry spoke sincerely as I cracked a small smile.

"How have you been?" Harry suddenly changed the subject as I looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"Well- like I said- I'm totally fine-"

"That's not what I'm asking about." Harry spoke seriously, hinting a complete different situation.