13

Jungkook's POV

I felt y/n shift to a different sitting position beneath my head causing me to sit up.
"i'm sorry! did i disturb you?" she frantically asked with lots of hand gestures.

"no it's alright. I probably would've fallen asleep if you didn't do that." i said rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly.

"Kookie, if it's alright with you.. i still have a question regarding your past."

I timidly listened. i let out a long breathy sigh before speaking.
"about what exactly, there's lots of things regarding my past." i chuckled dryly at the memory.

"well.. why dont you... know how to read exactly?" her words getting softer as she finished. i opened my mouth to answer but she continued.
"like... you're talking to me perfectly fine and everything i was just... curious."
i noticed she gripped onto her shorts with both hands and kinda sink deeper into the couch.
"if you're worried about me getting upset for you asking, i won't." i said looking directly into her eyes with certainty. she nodded in a reserved manner.

"you see... i was taken by the people I've mentioned before at a very young age. I can't remember much from then because that's where my memory gets a bit hazy, but i guess i just... picked up words from what I heard around me to learn. I've never been properly taught...."
i didn't realize but i couple tears escaped the corners of my eyes again. "damn these stupid tears!" I shouted while aggressively mopping them up with the fabric of my sleeves.

she rubbed my back for comfort while staring into the empty side of the room.
I looked there too but soon realized there was nothing worth interest over there.
"what are you looking at?" I asked.

"o-oh? nothing. Sorry i was just thinking about something."

"What were you thinking about?"
she looked a nervous and nibbled the corner of her bottom lip.

"Could I maybe... Teach you how to read?" She asked me squeezing her eyes shut with anticipation.

My Jaw dropped as an inaudible gasp left it. My eyes gleamed with hope, something i haven't felt in a long time. I understood what she asked me... but I don't think i really understood what she asked me. My nails clawed into the flesh of my own hands. I felt a lump in my throat that was beyond painful now. I'd have to hear it a second time to really believe what I had heard.

"...Really?" I asked but it came off more as a whisper. my eyes never left my feet.

I felt her soft fingers graze through my messy hair.
"Yes, if you'd let me that is." she smiled warmly that contagiously made me smile as well. Again I felt my eyes become moist.

"When... do you want to start? The sooner the better you know?" she said holding both of my hands. I felt my cheeks heat up on impact.

"... i never... i didn't say yes yet." I mumbled.

"oh.. so then it's a no?"

"..no"

"so then it's a yes?!" she exclaimed, you could hear the grin in her voice.

"maybe." I said with my signature cocky smirk, which appeared evidently.

Y/n's POV

That one word was all i needed to hear. Unconsciously I got up and hugged him.

"i'm so proud of you, Kookie. I may not be the best teacher but I will try my hardest to become one for you."
I could tell he was just as excited as I was.