20

Y/n's POV

It was weird having Yoongi back in the apartment after many years. We're so much older now... cant say the same for our maturity. We had so much to catch up on.

It was late. Both Yoongi and I were awake while Jungkook dozed off on the couch.

"Can't sleep?" He asked me, pulling out the seat across from me to sit in.

I shook my head. "I have work to finish and you know I work better at night." I said.

"I know, you're just like I am." he grinned a similar smile that I've only seen in the mirror.

"Coffee?" I offered.

"Sure, but do you even know how I want mine?" He smirked.

"of course. how could I forget, your majesty." I said dramatically bowing.

I handed him the mug and he sipped it while making a face at me.

"it's good, but I could've done it better."
I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yoongs, Why've you decided to come back to suddenly?"
Finally I asked the burning question.

"you must really want me gone, huh?" he chuckled. "i'm on a break. Though, I am finishing a few music projects here and there and I decided to pay you a visit."
He paused and took another sip. "I thought you'd be lonely but i guess i was wrong." he said with a sarcastic tone, squinting at me.

"What about you, how've you been holding up lately?" he asked while stirring his coffee.

"well as you can see I have my hands full because of this one." I said motioning my hand towards the couch. "I've been going back and forth from working at the center and at home." I said exhausted.

He nodded understanding your struggles. "I see... but I have a question. Why is he here, free-loading in our apartment? Shouldn't he be with the others?"

I sighed at his question because even I don't have an exact answer to it.
"it's a really long story.." I said.

He patted my head, ruffling my hair a bit. "go ahead. i have time." he said with a strong certainty in his voice.

"so..."

------------------

".. and that's how he ended up living here.. I think we can both agree it's what was safest for him."

"wow.. yeah definitely. You sure have gone through a lot while I was gone.."
we sat in utter silence while sipping and stirring our coffees. Until a small grin creeps up on Yoongi's face, while he lets out a silent chuckle.

I watched as he leaned forward and flicked my forehead with his fingers."my innocent y/n. what am i going to do with you."

"Yah! What was that for??" I said rubbing my pained forehead. His flicks weren't soft either.

"Nothing. Your heart's just too good for this world." he smiled.

He got up and stretched a bit. "I'll be going to sleep now, goodnight y/n-ssi."

"goodnight!" I called out to him, down the hall.

A few moments passed before I realized something.

"That idiot didn't wash his mug..." I glared daggers at his door.

------------------------
next morning

"ow my back hurtttts, it hurts so muchhhh" A voice whined this early in the morning.

"be quiet Kook, you're lucky we didn't make you sleep on the floor." I said pinching the bridge of my nose in annoyance while sipping my coffee.

"ooh! what's that! make one for me too, okay?"