8

morning; Y/n POV

8:36 am
crap... i'm running late. why do i even set an alarm if i can't wake up to one.

it's currently my first day back working at the shelter in weeks, as for Jungkook, he's been healing.
i took a quick rinse and got dressed.
i was debating whether or not i should wake Jungkook up to tell him i was leaving or take him with me.
i made my way to his room and knocked on the door.
"Jungkook?" i called, tapping my foot a bit impatiently.
i heard soft groans and snores through the door. i sighed, impatiently opening the door and letting myself in.
"hey, wake up.." i whispered in his ear gently shaking him.

"mmh too early..." he mumbled and pulled the covers back up.

i crossed my arms at his behavior. "Jungkook i'm leaving."
his eyes shot open almost immediately.

"leave? leave for what?" he questioned picking himself up off the bed, slightly still in pain.

"i need to go to work. i just wanted to let you know i wouldn't be home for a while."

i turned to leave when—
"who's going to be there?"
he asked genuinely curious.

"uh Namjoon and few of my other co workers. why?"  i said, not seeing the point to this question.

Jungkook's pov

at the mention of his name i felt my stomach do a flip. no way was i gonna let her go there with him alone.

"let me go with you." i blurted out.

"are you sure? you know, you can just stay here until i get back." she cocked a brow.

"n-no it's fine, i'll go with you." i got off the bed with a struggle. i wasn't as bad as before but it was definitely a challenge to walk without a limp.

i got dressed and we left to the hybrid shelter by car.

i felt myself grow a little nervous as we entered the shelter again.

" Miss y/n! Miss y/n!" a small voice called.
we both directed our attention to the voice.

Y/n POV
what came running towards us was a fluffy Cat hybrid around 3 or 4. He had a drawing in one hand and a blanket in the other. The small boy wrapped his small frame around my legs giggling and laughing.

JUNGKOOK POV
i watched as she picked him up—wrapping his arms around her neck, hugging her.
"miss y/n i missed you!!" he said pecking her cheek.

i clenched my fists at the sight, tapping my foot— Waiting for them to stop talking.

y/n's POV
"miss y/n i missed you!!" the boy said pecking my cheek.
i returned a soft kiss on his forehead, ruffling his hair before settling him back down.
" I missed you too, minho." i smiled to him sweetly.

"where were youuu! i kept waiting and waiting and waiting for you to come back... i thought you didn't care about me anymore!" he looked down sad.

"no baby. ofcourse not! i still care about you so so so much, i just had to take care of something." i said cupping the boy's cheeks as he giggled it was like music to my ears.

"you see the rabbit behind me?" he looked at jungkook, who was attempting to look cool, and nodded.

"he was super hurt a while ago so i helped him. he's a little better now." i said.

"so you're still working here??" he gleamed as his eyes sparkled.

"mhm i really missed your cute little faces." i said pinching his cheek.