18

A/n: for all you Namjoon with y/n shippers, this is about as much as you'll get. So enjoy~

Y/n's Pov
I waited on the cold stairs at the entrance.
The weather was nice. I should probably have a fun day out with Jungkook when the weather is this nice again. I thought, keeping a mental note of that plan.

I smiled, feeling excited as a familiar car pulled up to the driveway.
The car pulled to a full stop and it's driver hopped out and made his way to the passenger side.

"m'lady~" he said bowing and opening the door for me to get in.

I laughed at his stupid gestures as he got back in as if nothing happened. He was as still goofy as always.

his hair was fluffy and let loose, feathered lightly over his eyes and grazing his ear. completely different than how it is at work. I almost forgot what it looked like. How could one look so casual yet so effortless at the same time.

"you look beautiful y/n." he said not taking his eyes off the road.
I blushed, as he must've noticed me staring at him so intensely.

"thank you joonie, you look pretty handsome yourself." I said so quickly that it was obvious i tried to rehearse that line in my head. Embarrassed, I
slapped my hand on my forehead.

Namjoon's pov

"thank you joonie, you look pretty handsome yourself." she coyly said and played with her hands in her lap.

hearing those few words leave her lips made my heart pound intensely in my chest. I gripped onto the steering wheel even harder. I was at loss of words. I had heard many people say the same thing before but why did it feel differently when she said it?

It was her that made me feel this way not the compliment. I really want to see what cute expression she's making right now.

"so where to?" she chimed.

"hmm.. think tasty." I said and flashed her a wink.
---

"i'll have one chocolate cone." I asked as the man started scooping the ice cream.

"And what for the pretty lady?" The worker grinned.

She coyly looked down to her feet and smiled.

"she'd like a strawberry cone, and how much will it be?"

"Young man, it's on the house. We have a couple's discount at this shop. You both have a good day." He said as he waved us off and bowed.

"oh we're just-"

"of course! thank you sir!" I chimed in.

she made a pout face at me for letting the man believe we were together to get free ice cream.
--

"How long has it been for the two us to have a date like this?" she giggled licking her dripping ice cream.

The word 'date' did a number on my heart.

"way~ too long." I said.

We walked along the side of the river. I took the chance to interlock our arms.

She didn't let go. Could this be a sign?

"Joonie look, I think i see little fish!" She said inching closer to the edge to get a better look.

I smiled at her cuteness but that smile quickly vanished.
"Hey y/n! y/n look out!"

"that was a close one."

Y/n's POV

"yeah, thanks for not letting me fall."

"haha of course don't want you falling for anyone." he said giving a cheeky smile after that god awful pun, while staring into my eyes with certainty.