Chapter 17: I miss you, brother

°3rd person°

It was a sunny day at the old home of Cross, people were shopping, chatting, hanging out, kids were playing, running around, discussing about their hobbies.

Two known kids were chasing eachother around the village.
People smiled at them when they saw them pass by.

The two boys continued to run around until they were in the meadow next to the village, Cross managed to catch up to his brother and jumped him so he would fall, both of them were laughing at the action.

–"C-Cross! Get- pfff hahaha get off." Ink said unable to form a whole sentence without laughing.

–"hold on..." Cross was trying to catch his breath.

In the end, Cross got off of his brother's back and sat next to him.

–"it's a calm day, isn't it?" Ink said.

–"yeah, i like it that way." Cross closed his eyes and layed down.

Ink was looking at the forest, or what was left of it, nearby, he sighed and looked at the sky.

–"..do...have you ever wondered how our lives would be like if we were born as lower class?" He asked.

–"yeah, i do sometimes, the only result i can come up with is that we would have a better life." Cross answered.

–"probably-"

–"HEY GUYS!!" Someone yelled from behind as they runned towards them.

–"oh, hey Nora! How are you?" Cross sat back up and looked at their friend.

–"i'm good, how about you?"

–"we're fine." Ink smiled at the girl that stood now in front of them.

–"that's nice!" She says, smiling.

–"by the way, i heard there was an argument between Suzu and Mia

–"by the way, i heard there was an argument between Suzu and Mia." She continued.

–"oh~ spill the tea girl!" Cross said, getting exited, Ink laughed at his reaction.

–"well it all started when...."

The memory changed

–"say, should we creat our own secret language?" Cross asked his brother, watching the guards train.

Ink looked up from the book he was reading.

–"if you're talking about sign language then i'm already learning it so..."