Part 16

Averys POV

Nat excused herself to go to the bathroom so I thought I would go talk to her. I walked over to the bathroom and waited outside for her.
"Hey" I told her, she returned the greeting but was startled from the sudden conversation.
"I'm sorry I haven't talked to you sooner." I said, looking down shaking my head.
"It's not your fault. I should have listened to Sam." She told me.
"Did he tell you what we talked about?"
"Yea, I just felt guilty and didn't want to put you in any more danger." She said looking into my eyes.
I took a step closer to her and hugged her. She was stiff just standing there for a second but then wrapped her arms around me. I pulled away from the hug and kissed her.
"Ahem, guys." Steve said.
Nat and I quickly separated
"We were just gonna go out to a bar but if you guys want to stay here then you can do that." He told us.
"It's fine Steve we'll go." I told him. Then he walked away.
"Remind me not to kiss you in the middle of the hallway." Nat said to me, wrapping her arm around my waist bringing me closer to her.
I laughed and went with her out to where everyone was. Once we got to where they could see us she separated from me, which made me a bit sad but I understood. We all got into our cars and drove to a local bar. It was me, Nat, Clint, Wanda, Tony, Sam, Bucky, and Steve. Bruce decided to stay home even though it was his birthday, but he decided not to argue with him. We got to the bar and asked the bartender for a margarita.

I sat down by myself at the stools while everyone else was at a booth across the room. I saw an older man looking at me weirdly from another seat. Things like this always happens to me at bars so I always use the "I have a boyfriend" excuse, but even then some dudes don't get the hint and I had a feeling he would be one of those guys.
"Hey sugar." He whispered in my ear, grabbing my waist from behind.
"Please get your hands off of me." I said in a demanding manner.

Nats POV

I sat down with the others at a booth. I saw Avery sitting at the bar and didn't want to bother her so I didn't go over there.
"Nat there's some guys hitting on Avery." Wanda whispered to me.
What meets my eyes when I look over to her is a man grabbing onto her trying to pull her from the seat. I quickly get up and walk over to Avery.
"Get your hands off me!" I hear Avery yell.
"You heard her! Leave her alone!" I yelled at him.
"You know you like it." He whispered into her ear.
I was over it at this point so I punched him knocking him out. The bartender asked me what had happened and I told him, he understood and just left the man on the floor not really caring.
"Thank you." Avery said to me, hugging me.
"It's ok. You're safe now."