Part 29

Averys POV

I was pacing down the halls.
"She'll be ok." Steve repeated once more.
"But what if she's not. What if the worst happens. We never made up, god I didn't even talk to her!" I said frustrated.

After a bit I decided to go and help everyone clean up the mess made. Chairs were broken and so was the dining table. Flower vases and ceramic plates were broken on the floor. It looked like a mess, but soon enough we got it cleaned up.

I was washing my hands when Sam pulled me over and told me the state Nat was in.
"I-is she ok?" I asked hesitantly.
"She got two bullets on her shoulder, but another one dangerously close to her heart."
The worst had happened.
"They're going to have to perform surgery to get the bullet out but it's not certain that she'll... I'm sorry"
"Sam, we need you in the meeting room." Bucky came and took him.

Tony's POV

"Do we know who these people are?" I was confused.
DNA tests were made on the bodies on our floors and we had the identities of the individuals. 16 in total.
"We've never seen them before. I checked through all our files and they've never been in anything we've dealt with." Vision said.

Lena then walked into the room.
"You're not supposed to be here, this is classified." Clint told her.
"Wait, I know that guy." She said pointing to a brown haired green eyed man on the screen.
"He's the man who crashed into Avery. The police had told me who he was the morning after Avery was put in the hospital." She continued
"Do you think there's a chance the two events may be correlated?" Wanda asked.
"Possibly." I said.
"Do we have any information on the others?" I asked
"Not much, they all lead normal lives." Vision responded.
"There has to be something odd about their lives, or something they all have in common." Steve added.
"Friday, get me a call, text, and email log of the people." I asked.

After a minute it was pulled up on the screen and each of them had called the same number at one point, and it traced back to even a year ago. Meetings were set up by this number each month. Each at the same place every time.
"You'd think they'd be a little more secretive about the place they meet at." Sam chuckled.

What was even stranger was the fact that it was a normal coffee shop in town, one that we recognized.

The one Avery worked at.
———————————————————
Authors note:
Part two of the double upload :)

———————————————————Authors note: Part two of the double upload :)

(Any Harry styles stans here?)