Part 20

Averys POV

It was finally the week that the team was coming back from their mission. Sam told all about it since Nat didn't even tell me she was leaving. I know we're not an official thing yet but I do really like and I thought she felt the same way. But I guess not. Sam invited me to a little celebratory meal with the team for their success on the mission. I had to get ready and I was just gonna wear something casual.

I drove down to the facility and they were unpacking the jet. I saw Sam carrying some weapons down to some weapon room.
"Hey Avery!" Sam called out.
"Hey Sam."
"I'll meet you inside, I gotta finish unpacking this thing." He said, pointing to the jet.
I made my way to the living room and found Nat and some girl I've never seen laughing together. Immediately I walked back outside before they could see me.
"Who is that?!" I whisper yelled to Sam.
"Who? Oh yea that's carol." He said
"And why is she acting that way with nat? Are they together? Why didn't she tell me?"
"Woah woah calm down it's ok they're not together." Sam reassured me.
"Then why are they acting like that?!" I practically yelled.
"What's going on?" Steve asked.
"She saw Nat and carol together and you know how they are." Sam explained to him.
"Avery it's ok I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation to all of this." He told me.
"What's all the yelling about?" Carol came outside with nat beside her.
"It's nothing, you two should go back inside." Steve told them.
"If it's nothing then just tell us." Carol said.
"Stop being stubborn Carol. Just go back inside, it's nothing important enough for you to worry about." Steve scolded her.
"Whatever." She said and walked away, Nat lingered a little bit then followed behind carol.
Sam led me away from the situation and to the back of the place. At this point I was basically in tears.
"Why would she do this to me." I sobbed, Sam hugged me comfortingly.
"C'mon let's go inside, it's getting cold." Sam told me.
He handed me some glasses because we had to walk past the living room to get to his room.
"Why are you wearing glasses inside? That's so weird." Carol pointed out.
I tried my best to keep my cool. Once we got to Sam's room my rage overcame my sorrow. Why would Nat ever want to be around someone who's rude? If she actually cared about me she wouldn't have let Carol get away with that.
———————————————————
Authors note:
I know Carol wouldn't be this mean irl but I had to do it for the story 💀 anyway I'm thinking of starting a short story 👀 I will let you guys know if I do that but for now I hope you enjoy this story :]