Part 22

Nats POV

"Umm are you guys going out to eat with us?" Tony came and asked Carol and I.
"I'm not, are you?" Carol asked me.
"Yea I'll go." I said.
"Well we're already leaving so let's go." Tony said.
We walked out to the cars and Sam, Wanda and Avery were all standing beside the car. They got into their car and drove off without us. I would say it was kind of rude but considering the circumstances I can't be talking.
"What the hell did you?!" Tony quickly turned and asked me.
"What do you mean?!" I shouted.
"I overheard them talking about you with Avery, and when I walked in she was crying!" He shouted back.
"Ok so I might have gone on the mission and not told her, then when she saw Carol and I so it looked bad."
"Well is it bad?!" He asked
"No! It isn't! I still like her! Carol is just a friend but between me and you she can be really judgmental."
"Well are you gonna fix this because all of us still want to hang out with Avery and it's no fun if it's awkward." He complained.
"Are you picking sides Tony?" I asked him.
"If you don't fix this then I will pick sides. And I think you know whose side I'm picking." He said then walked to his car.
Steve then walked out from inside and went straight to his car. Without a word. Did Avery go and tell everyone what I did? Now it's making me look bad so thanks. But I must admit from an outside perspective it does look bad. I better fix this.

Averys POV

We got to the restaurant and were waiting for everyone.
"Were you smoking? Why are your eyes red?" Clint came in and asked.
"Yes Clint. I was smoking a blunt out back. Why? You want one?" I asked him.
Sam just started laughing.
"No, I don't smoke. But I'd never take you for someone who smokes." He stated.
"Well you can never be too sure." I said.
Nat then walked in behind Steve and Tony. The energy in the room completely changed. Sam scooted closer to me which was nice of him.
"Hey guys." She said waving at us.
Everyone said a quiet hey and Clint was basically shouting hey. Tony then got a phone call and stepped out.
"Excuse me." I said then walked into the bathroom. You could cut the tension in there with a knife. Luckily we're at a restaurant and they have those. I didn't actually have to go to the bathroom, it was just an excuse to leave. But of course Nat had to come and ruin my peace.
"Avery I know you're in here." She said after I rushed into a stall.
"I'm pooping. You might want to leave because It'll get pretty stinky." I said hoping it would work.
"Look I just want to talk." She said.
"There's nothing for us to talk about." I said walking out of the stall and going to wash my hands.
"Well I think there is."
"No. There isn't. And you don't get to decide if there is something to talk about. You left and didn't even tell me. I called you and texted you because I was worried. I had to hear it from Sam that you guys went on a long term mission. Then you come back and you're with some space chick. I get it Nat, you found someone else. End of story." I said then walked out of the bathroom, past the table and out of the restaurant.
———————————————————
Authors note:
If there was any typos I'm really sorry, I was singing one direction songs while I was typing 😅 anyway don't forget to vote :-)