Part 25

Nats POV

I had probably called Avery about 100 times by now. After the phone call I sped to her house and viciously knocked on the door.
"She's not home!" One of her neighbors yelled.
I went back to the car and drove back to the restaurant.
"what's wrong?" Steve asked, seeing the state of panic I was in.
"I called Avery while she was driving somewhere and it sounded like she got into a car accident." I said in a fast manner.
Everyone just looked at me shocked.
"Well what are you gonna do?" Sam asked.
"I'm gonna go to the hospital." I said plainly.
"And if she isn't there?" Bucky asked.
"Then I'll go to the next hospital, then the next and next if that's what it takes." I said, then finally walking off to my car.

Lenas POV

Avery had to get stitches so I stepped out of the room. I went to the mini lobby area for this part of the hospital. I was on my phone when I saw a red headed girl walk up to the receptionist. She seemed really familiar but I couldn't figure out where I'd seen her.
Then it hit me.
She was the girl that Avery was talking about. I remember her showing us a picture of the girl a while before they had a date. And boy do I have some words to say. If Avery were here she would stop me butttt, she's not here so I can go right ahead.
"Hey." I said in a friendly manner.
"Hi." She said a bit shaken up.
"Are you here visiting someone?" I asked.
"Yea, here to see a friend." She said.
"Oh I'm sorry to hear that, hope they're ok." I replied with empathy.
"Yea I hope so." She replied. "Are you here to visit someone as well?" She returned the question.
"Yea my friend Avery got into a crash." I said with a hurt look that was both real and exaggerated at the same time.
I could see her heart drop as soon as I said Avery.
"W-what happened to her?" She asked nervously.
I decided I wanted to play with her feelings so I lied.
"She's in a coma, the doctors said there's a chance she won't make it." I said, starting to cry.
"I'll be right back." She said and rushed towards the bathroom."
I should be an actress if I'm being completely honest. She fell for it and I don't feel bad at all, but Averys probably gonna kick my ass later.
———————————————————
Authors note:
Quick psa: I might not post every third day in the following weeks because I have all my end of year tests and I'm going to be busy preparing for those :(