Chapter Twenty Nine

You trailed behind Prosciutto until he reached his room, a towel lightly hung on his hip. Your eyes darted around the hall, anywhere but him. He stepped in his room momentarily to change, "I'm sorry, I just wanted you to have a peaceful day."

"Thank you and," you paused, "thank you for earlier too, it was enjoyable."

He nodded, "I agree, I hope we get the chance to do the likes of it again."

You both stood for a moment, until you finally had the rational to speak up. "I should head home, see you soon Prosciutto."

He set his hand on your shoulder briefly, "goodbye."

- - -

Risotto was already waiting in the car when Melone pulled you aside. "Y/n, you can keep the clothes." He smiled at you and you matched it, stepping outside.

You joined Risotto in the car, driving silently for a few minutes.

"Did your day go okay?" He finally spoke.

"Yes, did yours?"

Risotto thought for a moment, "it was alright." There seemed to be something more both of you longed to say, but the drive continued silently.

It wasn't until you were parked in front of your house that you finally cleared your throat. "Ris," you began. "What you said the other day, I constantly think about it. I'll be careful, and... I trust you Ris."

He smiled, but you could tell he was holding back. You waited another moment, and departed. What am I waiting for?

Your mom was hauling bags towards the door as you entered. "Y/n? I've been trying to reach you for hours!" She dropped the bags, pulling you into a tight hug. "I have a business trip."

"For how long?" You asked shocked as you wrapped your arms around her.

"A week," she began. "I'm sorry y/n they gave me no warning. Will you be alright?"

You frowned, "I will." You weren't sure if you were lying or not. "Good luck mom."

You assisted her in packing her car, giving her one last hug as she drove off, waving solemnly.

You sighed as you walked in the house, flicking on the hall lights. Noticing your door shut, you recalled leaving it open earlier. On edge from your mom's sudden absence, your heartbeat quickened.

You turned the handle, pushing it slightly open before kicking it the rest of the way, ducking back as a pair of arms lunged for you. You shouted in surprise, elbowing the intruder roughly.

"Y/n! Calm down! It's just me," Formaggio coughed as he hunched over.

"Formaggio?! What are you doing here? And why are you in my room?"

He finally recovered, "I was out with Mista and I came back to show you something. You weren't here and I sorta fell asleep until a couple minutes ago."

You chuckled, "I wasn't aware anyone was waiting for me or I would've been home sooner. What were you doing with Mista anyway?"

He smiled, "come on!" He eagerly ran back into your room, halfway through the window when you entered.

"...you could use the door."

"That's not the way I came in, it won't be authentic unless I leave this way!"

You wanted to scold him, or something, but hastily followed him out the window.

- - -

You were soon shivering against the wind, following Formaggio. Multicolored petals began to dust the path you were taking, Formaggio falling in step beside you.

The buzz of cars had ceased, a small stream ahead of you. Several blankets were laid out beside it, the petals encasing the area.

"Heh, you know this looks a lot more cheesy than when me and Mista did this," Formaggio nervously laughed.

"Mista really helped you with this?"

"Yes, wait I probably shouldn't say that, should I?" He nervously laughed and glanced back at you.

You laid down beside Formaggio, and he propped himself on his elbow to look at you. The calming rush of the stream and the howl of a nearby owl rang through. "Y/n?"

You looked over, "yes?"

"Oh, how should I say this?" You met his eyes, leaning up to look at him fully. "Hey that's gonna make me more nervous." He continued nonetheless, "thank you for constantly supporting me." He paused again, "look, there's no point of beating around the bush, right? I like you, even when I first saw you, still unconscious when we uh, yeah, it might've just been curiosity then. However, when I really got to know you, it was obvious it was more than curiosity. Every action has been about it, whether it was drinking so maybe I'd forget, so that I wouldn't hurt you, but even then I came running back to you. All the dumb comments, everything, they were because of you."

He looked at you, a gentle smiling overcoming his features.

"And if you're sure you feel nothing for me, you can walk away right now. But if you feel anything, stay. Even if you walk away tomorrow and choose someone else, that's okay. But, if you feel anything at all for me, stay, just for tonight."

You stayed.

┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊┊
┊┊☆
┊┊
┊┊
┊☆

Ch 30 Preview

You looked pleasantly at the waves lapping at the shore, "it would've been nice if we had met then, but I'm glad we at least have now." Illuso nodded, offering you a gentle smile.