Chapter Nineteen

You followed alongside Prosciutto to the car you recognized you had just previously rode in. He opened the door for you, revealing your cramped friends beaming at you.

"There's an open seat in the front if you'd like it instead." Prosciutto offered.

"It's okay, you can have it." You smiled in response and attempted to find a spot, eventually getting sat between Pesci, who was staring out the window until you came, and Ghiaccio, who was more or less indifferent by your newfound presence.

Pesci grinned at you, "hey y/n!" The others blew up in conversation as he continued talking, "they normally don't let me come on missions but since you're here they had no argument."

"Do you know what we're doing?"

"I think we're just taking care of a small group of hooligans who are causing too much trouble." You nodded, glancing over at Ghiaccio and meeting his eyes.

You offered him a soft smile that he, hastily, returned. "Are you ready?" You nodded, I mean you could only be so confident as an average teenager snaked into this situation. "Good, I'm not inclined to having to save your ass."

Ghiaccio simply nodded and turned away as you caught Risotto's sharp eye in the rear view mirror.

You turned back to look out the window alongside Pesci, occasionally noticing him sneaking glances. "..Wanna play I spy?" You lowly giggled as he nodded.

"I spy something blue." You glanced around, noticing an aqua sign.

"That sign?" He nodded, signaling it was your turn.

"Ooh! I wanna join in!" Melone peeped from across the car. "I spy someone beautiful."

Pesci mumbled something you couldn't comprehend and Melone urged him to speak up. "Y/n." Pesci noted before turning to the window.

"Coooorrect!" Melone hollered and sunk back in his seat after gleefully winking at you.

You smiled at him, and then leaned back in your chair, turning your neck to Pesci. "Why, thank you."

He turned away and murmured something as you hummed, hills rolling outside the car window.

- - -

"Y/n." You felt a cold voice sharply in your ear, looking up into Ghiacchio's soft blue curls. "Come on." He moved to leave the car as you lifted your head off of him and climbed out afterwards.

Risotto turned to you and Pesci, "look, I can't put you at risk, so you have to wait here. Pesci, protect her." He nodded, frowning as they snuck into an alley

"What's wrong?" You asked, slumping down on the pavement by him.

"I knew they wouldn't let us come, but I thought maybe they'd be different this time." You toyed with your fingers and stood up, motioning him to follow suit.

"I mean we've got time to spare, no sense just sitting here."

"They're gonna get mad if they come back and we're not here." He squirmed but trailed behind you.

"We'll get back in time." You smiled and ducked into a nearby antique store with Pesci. "Look." You cooed pointing at a sleek sword on the display case, emeralds dotting the hilt. You pushed his cheek so his gaze was on a pair of matching bracelets with a pineapple charm. "They look like you." You joke and pick them up, purchasing them before Pesci can go against you.

You strolled back to your spot with him and leaned against the brick wall of a misc building.  You pulled the bracelets from your pocket and wrapped it around your wrist before grabbing his. He smiled at you as you clipped it, hearing footsteps from the alley and quickly turning to see Melone.

"Oi Pesci drive the car a bit down the corner and wait for us." Pesci nodded and stood, glancing at you before leaving.

"What's wrong?"

"Well they had some back up, so I was told to get you and Pesci farther away, don't worry they'll handle it." He sat on his toes and leaned forward across his knees in front of you.

"Uh Melone you only sent Pesci away, not me." Melone hummed falling forward, his hands landing on both sides of you as he fell on your lap, you trapped beneath him on this random sidewalk. He sat, his legs outstretched opposite of yours and pulled his hands to toy with your hair. "..Should we really be doing this when they're just a little bit away in a fight?" He smirked and his hand landed on your cheek, trailing down to your lip and across.

He leaned in, as you noticed Illuso a blur on your left and Melone was dragged away by the collar. "Risotto told you to get y/n and Pesci away! What are you doing trying to make a move on her?!" His voice echoed as he dropped Melone's shirt, causing the purple haired man to frown.

"Daw, come on Illuso I was just having a little fun." Illuso glared at him as you stood up, flustered by what just happened.

"The rest are coming and Risotto will deal with the last kid and meet us at the car, lets get going." Illuso informed you and led you and Melone to the car.

Melone huffed beside you as you climbed in, him squishing you next to the window. "Y/n, Melone, are you guys okay?" Pesci asked, having gotten out of the driver's seat to the single seat in front of you.

"Yeah, Illuso came to give us orders." You answered, Melone sighing as Illuso shot him a stare and soon the rest of them piled in. Melone purposely forced your against the window and himself as Risotto finally slipped in, a slender cut across his cheek.

"Risotto, what happened?" The entire car questioned him as he began the drive back.

"Little brat was quicker than I expected, I was too comfortable." He remained silent after that, and now Melone's constant pushing was getting on your nerves. It couldn't be too much harm, right? The rest of the members were dozing off besides Risotto driving anyway.

He nudged you again as you grunted, your shoulder jabbing into the window. Your hand slipped onto his thigh, perking his interest. It might be good to mention that messing with Melone will not stop him, however only cause him to falter before his counterattack.

┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊┊
┊┊☆
┊┊
┊┊
┊☆

Ch 20 Preview:
You leant forward, your cheeks dusting rosy as he followed suit. His hand lightly traced along your cheek as his lips ghosted yours and he slipped back to his spot, avoiding your gaze.

A/n yeah it's 5 am and I should be asleep but instead I opened wattpad

also ahah so like for the sake of the fact y/n is like 16 la squadra are all 16-17 bc y'know laws are a thing my dudes.