Chapter Eight

Waving goodbye to Narancia, you started the short walk with Fugo to his house, Abbacchio hastily joining you. You nudged between the two, determined to get Abbacchio to talk before the walk was over. Problem was, you couldn't conjure up any small talk so you just peeped a, "hi." Looking and feeling incredibly small next to the tall boy.

He simply regarded you with a glance, his eyes soon drifting back up in front of the three of you, scanning the road. You sighed, taking a couple steps until an cracked chunk of the sidewalk poked up and unluckily jabbed into your toes, sending you flying.

In an instant, Abbacchio's arms were wrapped around your torso with Fugo shoved out of the way as Abbacchio pulled you up straight, distancing himself from your back without a word. "T-thanks!" You smiled, crimson quickly taking over your face as you began an uneven stride.

"Is your leg okay?" Abbacchio continued, slowing down so you could catch up.

"Oh, it feels fine." You reassured him, attempting to walk normally again, which you half managed.

"You should get it checked out." He huffed, sliding his arm under your left and lessening the stress. Fugo viewed the scene curiously, opting to do the same but eventually deciding against it.

After about five minutes you felt Abbacchio's arm slowly droop, "See you both tomorrow," he waved goodbye as he turned onto his street. "Y/n, be careful." He added with a half smile, treading down the road soon after.

- - -

Soon after you arrived at Fugo's unsurprisingly large and neat house. "My parents are gone so we're alone for now." Fugo notified you, closing the door like clockwork as you stepped in. "Make yourself at home," he pointed to the spotless living room. "Want anything to drink or eat?"

"Just some water, thanks." You smiled, slouching with your back leaned on the couch and bag beside you. He nodded, heading down the hall as you pulled out your math binder, setting it on the brown coffee table before leaning your head back onto the couch and letting your eyelids drift shut.

A soft 'clink' resounded in front of you as you jolted up, a bit of fatigue holding you back as you smiled up at Fugo while he plopped onto the couch. "Ready to start?" Nodding, you picked up your pencil and tugged out the homework from today. "Do you know the formula?" He continued as you pointed your pencil to the top, the formula poorly scrawled down. He huffed, trying to ignore his annoyance, "try the first problem on your own."

You did as you were told, poorly scribbling down the numbers in the equation. Once you had finished you showed it proudly to him, being met with a forcefully head shake, 'no'. "Where'd I mess up?" You inquired, peering up at the uneasy boy. "Is something wrong?" You continued, being met with another tense head shake.

"You forgot to put it in order at the end." He noted, neatly writing down the finished answer. "Try the second one, the rest of the process was correct." You smiled, immediately going to work on the next question.

"Is it right?" You peeped, gaining his attention.

"....you forgot to distribute." He hissed, gulping down some water before erasing the messed up work for you.

"Oh..I can do it this time, give me another chance?" You said lightly, trying to lift up the mood. He drifted away from the paper as you quickly redid it, accidentally using your old work and throwing the answer into an unbelievable array of nonsense numbers.

"How did you even get that?" He snarled, taking deep breaths as you winced, starting to understand Narancia's warning.

His hand clenched the couch cushion, folding up the otherwise rather solid material under his grip. With a stifled gulp, you placed your hand above his, rubbing a calming circle against the top of his hand. "Maybe we should try this one together?"

You caught a glimpse of a smile as he slid off the couch next to you with a huff. He picked up his pencil, erasing the previous work again and etching lines where you needed to distribute, pushing the paper over to you. "I'd like that." He whispered, barely comprehendible to you as you scratched the answers from the distribution, nudging the paper between the two of you on the polished table.

You finished that problem by alternating steps, concluding to the right answer as Fugo set his pencil down on the table, urging you to try the next on your own. You complied, earning a genuine smile from the blonde haired boy when you got the accurate answer and work. "Want me to do the next on my own?" You heard a muffled grunt from Fugo as a weight drooped onto your shoulder.

Giggling to yourself, you went straight to work.

- - -

For the next half hour you met with a series of grunts and sighs from the drowsy boy on your shoulder as you finished the paper, turning to show him as you glanced down to find him sound asleep.

The scene altogether was quite cute, the snoozing boy was molded against your body, his sunflower locks tickling your neck as you propped yourself against the couch. You hauled your knees up against the table and let your head lean atop his, closing your e/c eyes with a content sigh.

- - -

You were startled awake by sudden movement next to you, eyes opening to Fugo checking the time on his phone. "Shit." He whispered to himself, turning to see you awake. "Oh! Uh, sorry to wake you but.." He rose his phone up to you as the realization hit. You slept for five hours. You had promised your mom you'd be home by six and it was now a bit after nine.

You cringed as you picked up your phone to a solid line of missed texts and five missed calls, surprisingly she had only left one message. "You should probably check that." Fugo commented as you clicked on it, speaker phone on.

"Okay y/n there's only one reasonable explanation as to why you're not answering.." A long drawn out sigh followed, worrying both you and Fugo as he listened intently. "DID YOU USE PROTECTION?!"

Your hand slammed down on your phone, dropping it to the carpet soon after as a fiery blush spread across your face. You twisted around to see Fugo, soon becoming surprised to see crimson dotting his face too.

Hiding behind his hand, Fugo coughed, "I should probably walk you home now."

┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊┊
┊┊☆
┊┊
┊┊
┊☆

Ch 9 Preview

"Why do you like messing with me?" You broke the silence, scooping a small spoonful of your f/f ice cream into your mouth.

"...I think Mista is right about one thing." Trish smiled, following suit with the frozen treat.

"Hmm?"

"You're cute when you're flustered." You coughed out your spoon, catching it before it hit the soft blanket as a rosy tint covered your face. "Point proven."