Chapter Twenty One

A/n guess I've joined around a year ago that kinda surprised me lol sorry for any mistakes I've birthed in that time you had to suffer through and read.

You woke up, your arms twirled around Formaggio's body as you looked up at his chin. A light snore escaped his mouth as you sighed and nuzzled into his chest, your bones laced with exhaustion.

You felt him grumble awake, his body going stiff. Looking up, you noticed him staring down at you.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't had done that." Formaggio huffed, his head hanging down as he sat up and away to put a cushion between you. "I'll be better, okay?"

"You don't have to get better alone, let me help you." He disappeared from the room without a word. Disenhearted, your throat ran dry.

- - -

You distracted yourself on your phone as you felt weight sag on the couch beside you; Prosciutto. "Morning." You hummed, turning as he said the same. You studied his features, his prominent jawline and stern lips complimenting his sharp eyes.

"Y/n?" You blinked out of your daze and met his eyes. "You're staring." He proclaimed, handing you a poptart with a sly smile.

"..Thanks." You muttered, embarrassed as you took a bite. "Can I talk to you about something?" He nodded, "I think Formaggio's upset with me."

"The fool's probably just hung over." Prosciutto responded, "give him some time, he'll get over himself." You smiled timidly, thanking him.

- - -

Risotto was driving you home, continuing on from the usual spot he dropped you off. "Shouldn't you let me out now in case she's home?"

"Y/n, we literally kidnapped you and held you for ransom. Your mom needs to know." Risotto responded, his tone stern.

Your eyes widened, "wait Risotto!" You stammered, fear coursing through you. "What if she never lets us see each other again?"

"We both know it needs to be done." He pulled into your driveway, getting out with you to wait until your mom got home. You didn't have a viable argument if he wouldn't listen to your previous. "I'm sorry about this." He told you, glancing at your troubled face as you heard your mom pull in.

"It's too late she's seen the car." You huffed, stress rising in your voice.

He brushed you off and stood as she entered, confusion wrinkling across her features. You remained in your seat as he began to introduce himself and explain.

- - -

You felt your mothers cold stare on you, matching her disapproving frown in both you and Risotto. He quit talking, giving her the opportunity to process and respond. In the midst of her silence, Risotto glanced back apologetically.

"..Thank you for the explanation, but get out of my house." She walked past Risotto as he left, her eyes burning into yours. "Why would you keep that a secret from me?"

You cleared your throat, hoping your voice would come out normally. "I didn't want to upset you."

"Look, upset me or not that was a serious matter. Thankfully your friend here confessed for you. I'm disappointed in both you and your father, but I can at least ground you." She sighed deliberating, "I trust you put genuine trust in them for being safe people, but I don't want you seeing them, or anyone for that matter for two weeks. You go to school and come straight home." (A/n I got grounded for 3 months when I was like 8 but never again? What even is parenting?)

You nodded, your mom disappearing further into the house as you sighed. To be fair, you expected this to happen eventually.

- - -

You had been grounded for a little over a week, the relief beginning to take over as you only had a few days left. Your mom was working a double shift so you were left mindlessly doodling. School was cancelled for staff meetings so that took away your chance to see your friends for entertainment.

You finished up the quick sketch of the misc crumpled chip bag on your desk and pushed it aside. A knock chimed from your window as you stood up, confused with your heart beginning to race.

Your eyes shot to the window, meeting Melone's. "What the hell." You mumbled to yourself, opening the window to reveal all seven of them waiting.

"Y/n! We came to visit since we figured you were cooped up." Melone cooed, climbing in before you could stop him. He slid beside you as the others joined before you uttered a word of protest.

"Oh, your heart's racing. Did I scare you?" Melone smirked, his breath hot against your neck as he pushed his body against yours. Clearly all the others could see, but he didn't mind a bit.

"We wanted to keep you company." Pesci peeped from the corner as you put a step between you and Melone. "How have you been?" He fiddled with his fingers as you walked over and drifted backwards on your bed.

"Simply put, bored, what about you guys?" They all answered simply, though you recognized the absence of Risotto and Formaggio's voices. You'll admit, you were still frustrated with Risotto but your pride kept you from admitting that he was right. With Formaggio, you felt a pain in your chest at the thought of him. He was merely a few feet away from you, but he felt much farther.

You sat up, hoping to relieve you of your thoughts. Yeah, looking at their faces didn't help, especially when Formaggio couldn't meet your eyes. "It's pretty nice out ha," you paused. "There's a lake nearby, we could go?"

┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊┊
┊┊☆
┊┊
┊┊
┊☆

Ch 22 Preview
[coming soon]