Chapter Five

After school you had intended to walk home with Narancia, but Mista quickly caught up to you two before you even reached the corner. "Oi! Y/n!" He shouted before sprinting the last few feet to you.

"Mista? What is it?" You questioned, momentarily pausing your conversation with Narancia.

"Come with me, I wanna go somewhere." He casually blurted, his breathing calming.

"Mista! Me and y/n are busy." Narancia huffed, clearly annoyed that everyone seemed to be diverting your attention from him.

"Oh yeah? Doing what?" Mista egged him on with a smirk.

"Walking home." Narancia grumbled quietly as Mista stepped towards you, slinging his arms around your waist and heaving you over his shoulder in one quick motion.

"M-Mista!" You yelped, mentally promising yourself to lift Narancia's mood later as you stared at the upset boy who was fiddling with his hands as he sighed, turning on his heel and leaving. There wasn't much you could do at that point but call out to Narancia as Mista stalked off with you, out of sight. "See you soon, my little orange!" You added the last part with a smile as Mista nudged you half off him, sending fear down your spine. "H-help me up!" You commanded, clinging onto his neck with your outstretched arms as you dangled off his shoulder, his one tight grip faltering immensely.

"You two already dating? Guess it makes sense if you fucked him." Mista hissed, jealousy lining his words. Glad he couldn't see your flushed face, you scratched at his neck in a desperate move to climb up. "Answer me and I'll help you up, geez." He sighed.

"I'm not dating anyone Mista! I've been here for two days so just help me up before I plummet to my death!" You cried out exaggeratedly as he shifted you back up, still refusing to let you down.

- - -

10 minutes had passed and both you and Mista were growing uncomfortable. His body strength was teetering, not because of your weight love yourself reader but carrying a human for ten minutes isn't easy on the body. And your stomach was cramping up against his shoulder.

"Hey, stupid teenagers!" An older but still young, guy with his blonde hair hair pinned back in little bulbs approached you, shoving you off Mista and sending you down in a heap on the sidewalk with a grunt.

"The fuck is your problem?" Mista advanced on him, before quickly being hauled over his shoulder and slammed into the concrete of the cracked sidewalk within a second.

"Boss' orders. Take this as a warning." He stalked off with one last jab at Mista with his brown shoe and then joined a short green haired boy.

Still startled, you heaved yourself up and twinged at the discomfort in your side but ignored it and kneeled beside Mista. "Are you okay?" You asked, worriedly inspecting his exposed stomach where he had been kicked.

"Better question, are you? It was just some street thug, I'm fine." He pulled himself up to a slouched sitting position on the sidewalk as you glanced back to his bruising abdomen.

"Mista, we should probably just head home. Whatever they said about a warning left my stomach feeling queasy." You reluctantly stood and offered your hand to help him up, which he took without hesitation and muttered a thanks. "Rain check on your secret plans?" You asked, letting your connected hands drift down between you.

"S-sure." He muttered, clearly bothered.

- - -

Mista had insisted on walking you home and you knew it was a hopeless battle as you were now turning the same corner Mista had originally snatched you from. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." Mista blurted out, avoiding eye contact as you stopped dead in your tracks.

"What do you mean? Actually don't interrupt me. You couldn't have predicted what that man was gonna do! All I did was get knocked down while you got injured protecting me, so don't lie to my face." You continued walking, ignoring his shocked delay.

"I wasn't injured!" He huffed, stomping behind you as you unlocked your front door, surprised your mom wasn't home from work yet.

"Whatever, wanna come in for a bite to eat or a drink? I really shouldn't let you walk home without anything." You began rambling to yourself as he slipped in next to you.

"I'd be good with just a kiss." Mista whispered, pinning you against the front door with a smirk.

Despite the heated crimson blush on your face, you denied him. "M-Mista! Let me go!" Your tongue failed over your flustered words but he dropped his hands to his tiger striped pockets immediately.

"Just a peck will do, ya know." You shook your head and stalked off into the house, hiding your tomato cheeks. "Alright alright, what food you have?"

- - -

Mista beamed at you, exiting out the front door with a homemade cookie in his left hand. "See you tomorrow y/n!" He shouted through a mouthful of chocolate chip cookie and closed the door behind him.

Smiling to yourself, you pulled out your phone, greeting a wall of notifications.

Nara🍊: Did Mista hurt you?
-5 minutes later-
Nara🍊: Please text me so I know you're okay
-12 minutes passed-
Nara🍊: Are you home? Can I come over?

Unknown number: Hey y/n! It's Trish. Narancia told me Mista kidnapped you, if you can text me, send me your location and I'll beat his ass.
-10 minutes later-
Trish: Mista if you have [pronouns] phone this is a warning and you better prove your innocence or you're getting it tomorrow!
-2 minutes later-
Trish: Y/n, seriously are you okay?

You smiled down at all the worried texts as your fingers glided across the scene. Bucciarati had a very caring personality but these two's protective ways always warmed your heart.

Y/n to Nara🍊: I'm fine my little orange, you can come over in a minute, I'll text you when.

Nara🍊: You're alive! I'm fine with the nickname but don't forget I'm older than you y/n!

You could visualize his pout and grinned, stepping into the bathroom to shower the day's troubles away and sent Trish a quick text beforehand.

Y/n to Trish: Thanks for worrying but Mista didn't try anything and I got home safely! Text me soon, okay?

You absentmindedly left out the details of the guy out, not wanting to worry your friends more than they already had been today.

- - -

You stepped out of the steaming shower, waving to your mom in the other room as you slipped into your own and changed quickly. It wasn't anything special but you still looked cute in some black leggings and tank top with a long f/c cardigan piecing it altogether.

Shooting a quick text to Narancia, you strolled into the living room to greet your mom properly. "Hi dear." She smiled, pulling you into a tight hug. "I didn't get to talk to you yesterday, you were all over Giorno." She teased, causing you to cover your reddening facial features.

"Mom!" You swatted at her arm in annoyance, "I was sleeping the whole time, I wasn't draping myself shamelessly all over my best friend." You puffed out your cheeks, and plopped down on the couch, waiting for Narancia as your mom continued teasing you more.

┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊┊
┊┊☆
┊┊
┊┊
┊☆

Ch 6 Preview

You took it without a second doubt and took another step towards the black hairs boy, your foot immediately colliding with a jagged rock lodged deep in the river and launching you forward. Before you could prepare to be engulfed in the freezing stream again, you were met with Narancia's chest. You both grunted as he stabilized you, your face smashed awkwardly against his chest as you felt a familiar heat rising. "Are you okay y/n?"