Chapter Twelve

You and Giorno chatted mindlessly about your day for a few minutes before a notification from Bucciarati popped up, gaining your newfound attention.

Bucciarati: y/n, do you wanna grab a bite with me and Abbacchio in a few?

A bit taken aback, you agreed as Trish was still gone and mentioned the occurrence to Giorno. "Oi, Bucciarati just invited me out with him and Abbacchio. Do you find it interesting?" You peeped, clicking back on FaceTime.

"Bucciarati? No. Abbacchio? Yeah a bit." He chuckled lightly against his arm, "I'll let you go then, talk to you later." Before he could hang up you squealed, successfully getting his attention.

"Wait! They're not coming for awhile, stay." You complained, hopping out of bed to tidy up a smidge. He agreed timidly, keeping your company as you fixed your h/c hair back and shut off the camera; changing out of your cheese dusted clothes.

Once you had thrown on some discarded black jeans from the corner of your room and a graphic tee of f/s (favorite show), you clicked your camera back on, geekily twirling around for Giorno in hopes of approval. "Whatcha think~" You beamed, your phone focused on the full body mirror.

"I think I made it clear the other night."

"Wha-" You began, the harsh ring of the doorbell interrupting you as your thoughts wandered to the chaste kiss on the cheek. "You made it...foggy. I gotta go, bye Giorno." Ending the call as Giorno got one last comprehendible  sentence in.

"...you're beautiful/handsome as always." *beep* Ignoring the flutter of butterflies within you and the rosy blush much more noticeable on the outside, you trudged lightly to the door.

"Hey Bucciarati, Abbacchio!" You beamed, peering behind Bucciarati to wave at the gruff male. They both pleasantly beamed at you, well Abbacchio a bit less of an exaggeration but it was something.

- - -

About ten minutes later you sighed, Bucciarati rambling to Abbacchio as you got a sudden idea. You strayed back just a step, your original plan had been to surprise attack Abbacchio by hopping on his back for a piggy back ride but let's be honest, he's much too tall.

You waited for a pause in their conversation before tapping his shoulder expectantly. "Hm?"

"Piggy back ride?" You childishly laughed as he eyed you and Bucciarati.

"I can give you one." Bucciarati offered, leaning down as you slid slyly over to him. As you were hopping up Abbacchio offered too. "Too late." Bucciarati winked towards his friend, hoisting you up comfortably.

- - -

Soon after you arrived at the homey cafe in town and occupied a small, shaded table outside. You all ordered f/d and Bucciarati and Abbacchio got soup while you settled for a chocolate chip muffin.

"You sure you don't want anything more?" Bucciarati questioned, sipping his steaming tea quietly. "Don't make me lick you again." He playfully winked, shooting a fiery blush to your face.

"N-no, I'm good." You stuttered, hiding your flushed face behind your milky coffee. Abbacchio scoffed, digging into his soup as you lowered the cup an inch to shoot him a meek glare.

You all finished up quickly, Bucciarati's phone ringing tugging you out of your serenity. "Hello?" ... "Mhm. Okay, I'll be there in a few." Bucciarati sighed, sliding his phone back in his pocket. "Sorry I gotta go, see you tomorrow." He smiled disappointingly, excusing himself after you all paid.

"Where do you wanna go?" Abbacchio muttered next to you.

"Hm?"

"Where do you want to go?" He repeated, turning on his heel and starting down the sidewalk.

"Uh..How about the park?" Jogging back up to him, you nudged his arm and pulled out your phone as he nodded.

- - -

"Come on!" You urged, hauling yourself up to the lowest branch of the nearby tree. Abbacchio shook his head with a chuckle, eyeing you as you climbed higher.

"How do you intend to get down?" He teased, brushing his hair out of his face as you neared the top.

Strategically ignoring him you attempted persuasion, "the view's great up here!" You swung your leg over the branch and relaxed against the tree.

"It's getting dark, hurry up." He brushed you off, folding his arms over his chest and staring you down. You complied, skipping every other branch on your way down. "Be careful."

"Yeah yeah, I am." You laughed him off, your foot slipping on the lowest branch and sending you tumbling down. You prepared yourself to hit the ground when Abbacchio's built arms wrapped around you, pulling you into him as he stumbled backwards, quickly gaining his balance.

"T-thank you." You coughed as he let you drift down to the soft grass.

"Don't mention it, let's go." He muttered, turning his face from you as you started home.

You walked in silence for a few minutes, shivering from now and then as you felt a thick material drape over you. "Hm? Wait!" You stammered, peering over to a half naked Abbacchio. "A-Abbacchio! Put this back on." You ordered, struggling to escape from his shirt.

"I'm fine." Ignoring him, you tossed his thick black shirt back into his arms. After a bit of rustling you felt his now clothed arm pull at your shoulder, knocking you into his side as your furiously blushed, nudging closer nonetheless as he guided you through the dark atmosphere. "So how far back do you and Giorno go?"

"Hm? Oh, I guess he's in most of my childhood memories so awhile." You answered against the side of his chest.

"What is he to you?" Abbacchio continued, his arm still gluing you to his side as your blush deepened.

"My best friend." You carefully and truthfully answered. Abbacchio gave a little grunt of acknowledgement and continued in silence. "What do you have against him?"

"...His attitude annoys me." He commented, causing you to laugh.

- - -

You arrived home shortly after, "wanna come in for a bit?" You offered, Abbacchio surprisingly agreeing. You thought nothing of the extra car in your driveway and unlocked the door, being met with an eager pink haired boy.

┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊┊
┊┊☆
┊┊
┊┊
┊☆

Ch 13 Preview

"Wait!" You awkwardly yelled into the night, jogging up to him and pulling him into a tight embrace. You felt Abbacchio hug back for a couple seconds before you released him with a grin, "thank you."