Chapter 3~ How Hard Did You Hit Your Head?

(Lennox's POV)

I want your boyfriend I ain't gonna lie
I'll be his girl when he tells you goodbye
Don't worry I won't take him cause I ain't that low
I want your boyfriend just thought you should know

I woke up to my favorite song as my alarm clock. But that still doesn't make it any easier to wake up at 5 am that's for sure. Ugh, I just remembered City Boy starts work today, and I really don't want to have to deal with that. It will probably take him 10 times longer than me to do a simple thing. I don't know why dad felt the need to hire this guy, I mean seriously he is probably going to be useless.

I didn't even bother taking a shower since it was supposed to be 90 degrees and humid today so why bother if I sweat the minute I step outside. I pulled on my pink sports bra, with my navy blue cutoff t-shirt, and old jean shorts. I slumped down the steps and immeadiately smelled bacon. Dad was the best cook in the world and by looking at him you would never guess it. He muttered something as he saw me come down the steps and his beaming smile turned into an angry frown.

"What was that daddy?" I couldn't help but let the curiousity get the best of me.

"Oh nothing sweetheart just that after breakfast you need to march your little butt back up stairs and change into some more appropriate shorts." He said shrugging it off like it was something that he said everyday.

"What!?! Why?"

"Because we a have a new teenage boy working here now and I don't want to have to bury him the ground on the first day."

"But dad!!!!"

"No buts and that reminds me you have to teach the boy how to do things around here, so from now on, you report to me and he will report to you."

"Ugh! Fine, but I am not changing my shorts. You're just going to have to deal with them."

"Lennox, you really are the most stubborn person in this world."

Just then the door bell rang, both the dogs ran and barked their heads off, that is until dad yelled at them and they ran outside to greet the tall blonde boy with blue eyes, who stood in front of us. City Boy. Dad started rambling and all I could do was stare at his crystal clear eyes, his floppy hair which fell in his eyes, and surprisingly it didn't look like he spend an hour on it this morning. Then dad must have rapped up the conversation, cause all of the sudden they were walking out the door and I was punched in the arm and almost knocked over. After I stumbled over my own feet I took City Boy into the barn to milk the cows. You should have seen the look on his face when he stepped into the barn, it was like a mix of what have I gotten myself into, and pure digust. I chuckled to myself and the edges of my mouth slightly turned up.

"So, I am guessing you have never milked a cow right, City Boy?"

"The name is Ben, and no, I haven't."

"Right, whatever. All you have to do is hook up this mechanical milker."

"Ok, sounds simple."

"I am going to go and feed the calves if you need anything I am over there." I walked over to the calves pen and brought out a bottle to mix it. "Don't screw up!" I called over my shoulder.

All the sudden I heard a loud thump, then a crack and an intense groan.

I turned around and saw City Boy on the ground, slumped against the wall, behind the cow he was supposed to be milking. I jogged over to him and saw him look up at me and then I saw the red liquid coming from the back of his head. Then he spoke,

"Can you help me up?"

"Yeah of course. Let's get you to the milk room, there is a first aid kit in there I think."

"Ok, can you slow down a little bit?"

"Oh yeah sure, sorry."

I got him to sit down on the bench and went to go retrieve the first aid kit. There was a small gash on the back of his head. He wouldn't need stitches but he would defintely need it glued shut. He flinched when I cleaned it out with the peroxide. I took the gause and dried off the blood and peroxide. Then I took the small glue bottle and pinched the back of his head together. I finally got the courage to say,

"What the hell happened Ben?"

"Well, I was done with the one side of the cow, and so I was walking aroud to the other side of her, and well... She must not like me cause I went behind her, and she caught me off guard and kicked me. I wasn't paying attention and I flew and hit the back wall. I blacked out for a second until I saw your pretty blonde hair and you I were talking to me."

"How hard did you hit your head Ben? You just called my blonde hair pretty."

"I know, cause you're beautiful, and so is your hair."

I felt heat rush to my face and I knew I was blushing. I just smiled and shook my head. He obviously hasn't seen a pretty person in a LONG time, because I definitely wasn't pretty. Once I got the glue to hold, we went back into the barn and I sent him to finish feeding the cows, while I got the rest of the milking done. When we finished I told him he was in for a treat, and I led him to the part of the fence I left off on yesterday.

"We have to redo the paint job on the entire fence. I am already half done so we just have to finish. All you do is paint the fence white that's it, nothing fancy."

"Got it," But as he said that, I caught an evil look in his eye, and just like that he flicked his paint brush and there was paint all over me. I just smiled and said,

"Oh it's on, your going to regret this later," I took my paint brush and swiped it through his precious hair. I could tell he was really angry so I ran.

(Ben's POV)

Just as she quickly jerked I knew the paint was headed for my hair. She knew as soon as she did it that it made me mad, so she took off running. Man, that girl is fast, but I easily caught up to her. I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. She screamed and she tried to get away, but it was no use, she was stuck. I knew she going to have to pay for it, but how? Just then I saw a pile of cow manure in the middle of the field and I took of running. She must have seen it coming, cause she started to hang on to me tighter, thinking she could just stay there when I let go, but she was wrong. I let go of her and she fell right into the pile. She was mad.

"What was that for?"

I just smirked at her, "No one messes with my hair," I replied smoothing back my paint-filled hair.

"Oh don't be such a girl." Was her comeback.

When we got back to the barn she found the hose and sprayed me and her off. When we had finished Robert was heading ouside with the 2 loud dogs. I knew the minute I saw him he was not happy.

"Why in the world are you 2 wet, Lennox?" He asked with irritation in his voice.

"Painting the fence got a little out of hand, daddy." She replied ever so innocently.

Robert mumbled under his breath. I think he figured but he we couldn't hear him so we just left it alone. I told Lennox that I would see her tomorrow, and got into my truck and drove home. Today was the most fun I have had in a long time.

Sorry if there was any spelling errors, I just wanted to update my story quickly. I love to here your suggestions, and maybe include them in the chapters ahead.

Thanks!