Chapter 20~ Sneaky Plans & Pain

That she would get down with somebody I know
I guess its just how it goes
When you break up in small town
I see our friends and they put on a show
Like they don't want me to know
So they give me the go-round

I slammed my hand down on the alarm clock. That song was the story of my life. He cheated on me, we broke up, I see him everywhere, at school, around town, then my friends try and just cover it up. I mean Kristen, Tenley, Juliet, and Laurel are always with me. The guys just float between us and Ben, which I totally understand because they weren't going to shut him out completely but they are more reserved when they are around him then with us. The first day back was hard but now it was a full month later and I was moving on. The first day was hard and hurt like hell, but Kristen was there with me the entire time. The part that hurt the most was when I walked into english and Ben was sitting there with Amy on his lap like he hadn't been hurt at all. Then he smiled and laughed as he kissed her on the lips. Dad kind of flipped out a bit when he first heard but didn't fire him. He has been keeping his cool, unlike Jackson. I waited to tell him until he went back to Florida. He kept swearing and said that the next time he came home he was going to beat the shit out of him.

Kristen picked me up and we talked the entire ride to school. We had planned a sleepover for tonight since it was a Friday. Her and I had bonded a lot more since the breakup. We laughed our way into school when we stopped in the doorway. Everyone was whispering and pointing when we saw what they were looking at we were stunned. Ben was standing at the end of the hallway with his head looking down. He looked up and started towards Kristen and I. He had a busted lip, broken nose, black eye, and a bruised jaw. He talked to Kristen but all I could do was smile. I slipped away and called J.

"What's up baby sister," he smoothly said.

"Nothin much, but when did you fly home and why?" I chuckled.
"I don't know whatever you are talking about." He said sarcastically.

"You do know what I am talking about, you broke his nose J." I burst out laughing.

"Holy shit, they did that well!"

"What do you mean they?"

"Oh, I didn't fly home I had someone else beat him up."

"Who?" I was confused.

"Well, I had Shane, Jordan, Mason and even Asher do it." He sighed

"You did what!" I exclaimed. We both laughed for awhile, before I hung up. I trotted back over to Kristen while she had a concerned look on her face.

"I have a feeling you know what happened to him." She giggled.

"Oh yeah, apparently our friends and brother are sneaks." I smirked.

"Wait, Jordan, Mase, Shane, and Asher did that to him?"

"Yeah but my brother put them up to it, go figure." I scoffed.

"So, you still realize what that means right?" She raised her eyebrows expectantly.

"No.............?" I added in the question.

"Ugh, it means that they picked you as the better friend over him and they have known that boy forever."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nice one guys, what did my brother bribe you with?" I questioned.

"He did try to bribe us with money, but we refused and said we would do it for pure enjoyment and revenge on the bastard that hurt you like that." Shane grit his teeth.

"Wow, I didn't know that this got you so fired up." I was shocked.

"Well no one gets to hurt you." He smiled sweetly.

"Thanks, Shane."

"Anytime little sis,"

"I am older than you and not your sister." I shook my head.

"Whatever its a figure of speech man. And I think of you as my little sister anyway so, ha. Plus when Jackson is gone I agreed to protect you for him, so thats what I am doing." He hugged me before looking over my shoulder to glare at Ben.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kristen and I drove home that day in complete silence. Before we got in the car she said that she had to tell me something important, but that she would tell me later. We dropped the duffel bags on the floor, and climbed on my bed.

"Lets play 2 truths and a lie." She excitedly said.

"Okay fine, I will go first. I love living on a farm, I loved Ben, I have 2 brothers, which one is the lie?" I stated.

"Well thats easy, you only have one brother." She rolled her eyes.

"Err, wrong. I have another brother the one that is a lie was that I love the farm."

"Seriously, how come I never knew that?" She asked.

"I don't know, the only one I ever told was Ben." My eyes roamed down to the floor.

"Oh I'm sorry, Lex."

"No its okay, its your turn." I perked up.

"Okay well, I went skydiving, I have climbed the Rocky Mountains, and I am pregnant."

"Okay now that one is easy, you have never been skydiving." I did not process the rest of what she had said.

"That is correct," She bit her lip.

"Wait, why are you so nervous?" I asked. "Hang on so that means you really are................" I trailed off.

"Yeah," she said softly her lip wavering.

"Does anyone but me and you know?" I asked.

"No and I know that Jordan is the father and that I went to the doctor and they said that I am one month." I did the math in my head and that means New Years.

"Oh Krist, don't worry, I will be here for you, just know its not going to be easy."

"I know, I just don't know how to tell my parents."

"We should go tell Jordan and then go tell them now."

"Okay."