Chapter 43~ Home

7 1/2 months later.............

My feet hurt, my back hurts, I am tired, and I look like I stuffed a basketball under my shirt.

I am 1 month until my due date, even though with my situation I could go into labor anytime, and I am so excited for Ben to come home in a week. Through the whole pregnancy I have talking to him and keeping him updated. There wasn't ever really anything new to report besides the baby is healthy until I went for my 5 month appointment.

Flashback.......

Walking into the room I was anxious to know if we were having a baby boy or girl.

"If you would lay down and roll your shirt up please," the nurse stated. "Okay this will be cold,"

I shivered when the gel hit my stomach. And smiled when I heard the fast paced heartbeat. The nurse frantically looked through the papers on the desk with a worried look on her face.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked nervously.

"Um, I am not sure I am going to go get the doctor I will be right back," the nurse left the room.

"Hey, its going to be okay, okay?" Kristen soothed me. I nodded and gave her a sad smile as the doctor walked in.

"Okay, I am going to have a look since the heartbeats are either really fast or something," she smiled. A look of relief washed over her face which I took as a good sign. "Everything is fine, the nurse just couldn't the ultrasound very clearly. Would you like to know the sex of your babies?"

"B-babies?" I stuttered.

"Yes ma'am that was the reason of concern she thought the heartbeat was too fast, except she didn't see the second baby." She informed.

"We are having twins!" I squealed. "Can you tell me the sex of them both?"

"Yes I can, hang on one moment." She moved the wand through the gel. "Baby number one is a healthy little baby...... boy! And lets see what baby number two is, it's another baby boy!"

"Two precious baby boys," I started to cry and smiled to Kristen.

"Lets call Ben," she dialed on my phone.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey baby I thought you would be training," I replied.

"Hey Lexi, no we are eating right now, how did the appointment go?"

"We had some..... surprises," I sniffled.

"Are you okay? Is the baby okay? What happened?"

"Woah settle down big boy, everything is fine."

"Then what happened?"

"Do you want to guess what gender the babies are?" I avoided his last question.

"Babies, as in more than one?" He stumbled.

"As in twins yes!" I answered.

"Oh my god thats, thats amazing,"

"Yeah two healthy baby boys," I smiled.

"Two baby boys, wow."

"Yeah, I miss you,"

"I miss you too." His voice hoarse.

"I love you okay, I will talk to you later," he said goodbye and then we hung up.