Chapter 11~ Pack A Bag Today

This week has been a whirlwind. Dad and I had to plan mom's funeral. Jackson couldn't come home since he had classes all week, but dad understood since he was he one who talked him into going college in the first place. I wanted to spend as much time with my friends a I could to keep my mind off it. Mom and I weren't that close, but it still feels weird with her not being here. Not to mention dad has been doing all the cooking. I had to send out a group message to all my friends, asking them what they wanted to do.

Hey guys! I've been trying to keep my mind off of things lately. I was wondering if you all want to do anything this weekend. Any ideas?

I immediately got reponses back from Asher and Mason.

Baseball of course! What, are you worried about striking out on my change-up? Mason commented, which was really funny.

I'm ready to ball up, agreeing with Mason, baseball! Hey Tenley, what college mascot should we be? Lol. Asher answered. Tenley will surely be fired up witb his comment, oh boy!

C'mon, no baseball. Let's be Jordan McCabe ballers. Basketball's my choice. Ball is life what can I say. Jordan said. Oh great, Tenley would go on another stupid Jordan McCabe rave! What was Jordan thinking?

Basketball is all I know. Shane said, much less funny then the other ones.

O.M.G. I don't know what mascot, Asher. How about Gators? Eat em' up, eat em' up! JORDAN MCCABE! But Jordan, you should be worried, I put my defenders on skates! Sorry though, my choice is a baseball/softball game. Tenley said. I coud feel her enthusiasm through her text.

No sports, SHOPPING!! Ashley answered.

Agreeing with Ash, SHOPPING!! Laurel commented.

Ditto. SHOPPING!!! Juliet said. I could almost hear them in my head saying it in unison.

Of course, swimming. Ben said. I could've guessed it!

I wanted to make everyone happy, so I decided to fit all of their wants. I texed them back:

Alright, we will do what all of you guys want. I want to go somewhere, but I'm not sure where. On Friday we will get up there later and go swimming and chill by the campfire. Then on Saturday we will play a baseball/softball game and then hop in the lake after we are hot. On Sunday we will play basketball. Then on Monday we will take off of school and go downtown shopping. Boys, and Tenley, it'll be fun trust me. Go along with it!

Everyone thought that was a great idea! I needed to get a new swim suit, so the girls and I woud go shopping tomorrow before we leave. Ben said we could up to his lake to swim and there was open space next to it to play our games.

It was settled we were leaving tomorrow after school. Juliet, Laurel, Ashley, Tenley (after much convincing) and I were skipping last block to go shopping. Then meeting the guys back at school at 3 o'clock. Ben was taking us all in his truck. His lake house is about 3 hours from Brooke Falls. I just got a text from Ben,

Pack your bag, today so u dont have 2 do it tomorrow

I was cofused so I replied,

What do I need a bag for?

He came back with,

We are staying until monday night silly

I was shocked I hadn't even thought about that I thought we were just coming home. I as too busy thinking that I forgot to answer him.

Oops forgot

Yeah u r forgetful l like I am clumsy

I just chuckled and said,