Chapter 39~ College & Baby Daddy

"Oh my god, I got in!" I yelled when I opened the letter.

"Thats awesome!" Ben cheered.

"Dad I got into Bellin!" See the last couple years I have worked ahead and took college courses and I got caught up all the way that I could apply to Bellin Nursing already.

"Good for you honey," Dad answered

"Have you gotten in anywhere?" I asked Ben.

"Um yeah, I have decided where I am going,"

"Thats great, where?"

"How do say this, iamjoiningthemilitaryandileaveinaugust," he said so fast I didn't understand at all.

"Huh? You have to say it slower."

"I leave in August to join the Navy,"

"What?" And thats when I started to cry.

"Please don't cry, that makes it so much harder."

"How do expect me not to cry my boyfriend, who I love, is leaving and joining the Navy."

"It will be okay this is just what I want to do,"

"Okay, but what about us?" I sniffled.

"We will make it work, I wouldn't leave if that would mean losing you,"

"Lets just spend the time we have left together." I snuggled into him.

"Don't worry, I lost you once I am not letting that happen again." He whispered.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ben and I had fallen asleep with Blakelyn on the couch but I woke up when I heard the gravel crunching in the driveway and a car door slam. I jumped and shook Ben lightly. It was 3 in the afternoon and dad and Kristen were upstairs so it was obviously a visitor. I walked across the kitchen and peaked out the window. I saw an all too familiar BMW with a guy who just got out and was leaning with his back on the side.

I told Ben to stay in the house with Blakelyn and I ran outside to see what he wanted.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped.

"Damn Lennox your hotter than ever even after a baby,"

"What do you want Adrian?" I scowled.

"Just thought I would come see how you and our baby are."

"You have no business being anywhere near my child."

"Lex your forgetting one thing its our child not just yours."

"She may be blood related to you but in her mind you are not her father,"

"So we have a baby girl, and what makes you so sure."

"Honey, she called by boyfriend daddy,"

"You have a boyfriend, wow I am impressed. Never thought you would get over me,"

"You left me pregnant by myself, I had to have her on my own. My grandma took care of her and hid her from my family so they didn't find out."

"What is her name?" Sure I hated the guy but he did deserve to at least no what name is.

"Blakelyn Danielle," I said softly.

"Thats a beautiful name Lex, can I meet her?" He asked hesistantly.

Before I knew what was happening I nodded my head. "You hurt me but she is your daughter too, she is 11 months old and her birthday is the 4th of July. The only thing I ask is you don't take her away from me okay."

"I would never take her away, I left, I have no right,"

"Why did you leave?" I blurted out.

"I loved you Lennox but I had things I wanted to do and I wasn't ready for a child,"

"And you think I was? I was 16 Adrian,"

"I know and I am sorry I just I didn't know,"

"Its okay, I have a friend who just did the exact same thing to my other friend, the problem was her parents kicked her out and she now lives with me. My boyfriend is joining the Navy. Mom died awhile ago and Jackson is still in Florida."

"I am so sorry," was all he managed to say.

"Ben you can bring her out here." I yelled towards the house. He held Blakelyn close to himself and she giggled as he played with her toes. "Ben this is Adrian, Blakelyn's dad. Adrian this Ben my boyfriend." I introduced. Then I took Blakelyn and kissed her on the forehead. "This is Blakelyn, Adrian."

"Aw your such a pretty girl," he took her from me and tickled her sides as she laughed.

"You have a talent Ade," I smiled.

"Thanks, well I have moved back to town."

"Do you want to come to our graduation?" I asked.

"I will be there,"

"Good bye, Adrian," I said as he hopped in his BMW. He just waved and Ben, Blakelyn and I walked back to the house for supper.

"That was........ interesting." Ben stated.

"Yup, it was."