Chapter 6~ First Day Jitters

(Lennox's POV)

Cause baby you a song
You make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise

Man I love country music. It felt so good waking up later than normal since I had school today, instead of getting up to do farm work. I went downstairs to eat some breakfast, before going back upstairs to take a shower, and check my phone. I noticed I had a text from Ben:

Be there 2 pick u up at 7:20. Be ready

So I texted him back:

K park at the end of the driveway so dad doesn't get suspicious and this way I can tell him it is Ashley picking me up

He almost immeadiately replied:

Ooo a rebel I like it, sneaking around so he doesn't catch us is fun;)

I just laughed and said:

Yea whatever, just be careful

-------------------------------------------

It was 7:15 and I had my hair and makeup done. It felt so weird because normally I don't worry about any of that. All I had to do was slip on my dress and walk out the door. Ben texted me that he was here. I walked down the steps and almost made it out the door when I heard dad say,

"Where are you going that you are in such a hurry?"

"Dad I have school and Ashley is here to pick me up, bye!"

"That dress is kind of short don't you think?"

"Not really, this is one of the longer ones and I have spandex on under it anyways."

"Lennox Rae, remember no boys and try to make friends."

"Yeah I know dad, just make friends, got it." I rolled my eyes and walked out the door.

"And no boys, I mean it Lennox!" He called after me.

"Yeah dad, whatever." I said annoyed. I ran down the driveway, smiling because I knew I was going to school with Ben. Plus I am dating him and everyone will flip. I got into the truck and looked in the rearview mirror and saw dad outside looking at us and I yelled at Ben,

"Drive if you want to see your college years!"

He just laughed and punched it. He held my hand the whole 10 minutes until we got to school and checked into the office to get our schedules for the 1st semester. Ben and I had all our classes the same, except that he took gym class and I took weight lifting. The good part was that we had lunch together. I went to my locker which was surprisingly next to Ashley's. I saw her and she squealed.

"Are you nervous or something you are shaking like a leaf?" She asked.

"It's just first day jitters I guess." I replied not even knowing I was shaking. "I have to tell you something Ash."

"Oh my god, what is it? Is it bad?" She looked nervous and scared for what I was about say.

"No, not really, I just think that you will be surprised that's all."

"Well tell me! Don't just stand there!" She demanded jokingly.

"I have a boyfriend." I blurted out.

"OMG, I didn't think this day would ever come since Adrian! Who!?!" I think she was excited about this more than I was. But I felt a pang in my chest when she brought up Adrian. Just then Ben came up behind me and put his arms around my waist and said,

"Hey baby."

I turned my head and said, "Hi Ben." I turned my head more and kissed him. Then I looked back at Ashley and her jaw dropped.

"You are dating Ben Reid!?!" She asked surprised.

"Yes, and it makes me feel good that you have such little faith in me, Ash." I chuckled.

"No, I'm just surprised, when did this happen?" She asked with her mouth still open.

"Last night. Ben is who my dad hired for help around the farm, and we have spent the last couple of days together." I explained.

"And your dad and your hot brother Jackson are okay with this?" She questioned.

"First off, they don't know, and we would like to keep it that way for awhile, at least until Jackson comes home from college. We would rather tell them both at the same time in person. Especially since he warned me this morning about no boys as I ran down the driveway to meet Ben. And second it's very gross that you think my brother is hot." I said fake gagging.

"It is not my fault that your brother is hot, and you know he wont be happy about his baby sister dating the school player. No offense, Ben." She said seeming sorry.

"None taken, besides I gave that up to be with Lennox." He replied to her comment.

I told her that we would talk about this later and that we had to go to class. Ben and I had math and Ashley had chemistry. We walked to class together and he sat next to me so that we could share notes. Class took forever. I mean fourty-five minutes for one class is not really nessecary, at home I did all my classes in less than three hours everyday! This was just really boring. After math we had history, american literature (english) and then physics. They all were ok, I mean there is nothing exciting about american literature but at least now we had lunch. I was excited that I finally got to meet Ben's other city friends.

We got into the lunch line and Ben told me what I would want to eat, so I ended up getting a hamburger and french fries. I wasn't really hungry so I let Ben take my hamburger once we paid and I followed him to a table where there was 4 guys, 3 girls and Ashley sitting at it. We sat down and Ben introduced me to everyone and then told me who everyone was. The 4 four boys were Jordan, Shane, Mason, and Asher and I already knew there was no way that I was going to remember their names. The girls were Ashley of course, Juliet who was very pretty with fiery red hair, Laurel also very pretty but with strawberry blonde hair, and then there was Tenley who looked like the sporty one of the group. I said hi and waved, they all said hey in unison. I started have conversations with all of the girls at the table and they were all very nice. I seemed though to click the most with Tenley. She was very down to earth and super sweet.

Thanks for reading! Sorry for any spelling errors that I missed!