Chapter 7~ What Kind of Person Are You?

(Lennox's POV )

When school was over I hopped in Ben's truck, and so did Shane and Tenley. They were going to come back to the farm to help for the rest of the day, and then Ben would drop them off at home after he left. It was kind of nice having a girl to talk to that liked farm work. I felt nervous all of a sudden when I remembered what dad said this morning. No boys. What was he going to say when both Shane and Ben walked in the door with me? He wouldn't mind Tenley coming home with me, in fact he would probably enjoy me having a new friend. I decided that I should probably warn Shane and Ben before we got there so they wouldn't be surprised.

"Hey Shane, and you to Ben, I figured I would give you two a fair warning. My dad will not be happy that I came home with you Ben, and that I brought Shanee with us, so we are going to do this quickly. Tenley and I will go to my bedroom and change, you two use the bathrooms downstairs, make it quick. We will meet you outside by the tractor. Hurry up and get there! If any of us get asked questions, stop, text me quick, and answer the question. I will then change and be down to bail you out of the conversation that you are in, got it? Any questions?"

Shane spoke up, "What are we going to be helping you with that we need a tractor?"

I smiled at Ben and he evilly smiled back at me and I said, "We the lucky people that get to........drumroll please, bale hay!" I tried to make it sound exciting which was very hard. Ben gave it a woohoo and cranked up the radio as loud as it could possibly go. When we pulled into the driveway I saw dad look out the window. Crap, he probably heard the radio. I watched as a scowl appeared on his face. I saw the door open and mentally smacked myself for being so stupid. We parked and Ben turned off his truck and we all hopped out of the truck and tried not to make eye contact.

As soon as I touched the door handle I heard, "Everyone freeze." Very coldly. We all stopped and turned around. We waited for him to talk, while we all walked towards each other. He finally asked "Lennox Rae, who are all these people?"

"Well daddy, this is obviously Ben, then this is Tenley, one of my new friends, and this is Shane, one of Ben's friends."

"Ok, but what are they all doing here?" He asked kind of angrily.

"Well Ben is here to work, obviously, and I live here so........"

"You know what I meant, what about the other 2?"

"Well they wanted to come home with us, and we decided that we could use some help baling hay, so............."

"What did I say this morning? I thought I stated no boys! And what do you do, you bring 2 home. I don't get it."

"Well, we are going to go change so that we can go bale, bye dad." I said walking away.

"We are talking about this later, Lex." He called after me.

"Whatever dad." I said rolling my eyes into the back of my head.

Tenley and I changed into swimming suits and put them under our clothes. The plan was taking them to the creek after we got done baling. We went downstairs and out to the barn. Ben had everything set up and ready to go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After we got done baling Ben and I led the way to the creek. When we got there I saw the surprised and clarified looks on both of their faces. Ben and I stripped down to our swim suits and jumped into the cool water. We bobbed back to the surface and looked up at Tenley and Shane standing there in shock. We yelled at them to get in, before we splashed them and pulled them in. Shane complied and jumped in. Tenley was not so easy to convince, so Ben and Shane jumped onto the bank, picked her up, and while she was kicking and screaming, dropped her in the water. She was furious when she popped back up. When we were done swimming, we got out, got dressed, and walked back up to the farm. When we got back in the house it was dark. Since we had school tomorrow they were going to leave, but before they left Shane said,

"I actually had fun baling hay today, so thank you!"

"What kind of person are you, most people including me, hate baling,"

He just laughed. I said goodbye and I watched them drive down the road.

Sorry this was short but I was kind of out of ideas that could be short enough for the chapter.
Thanks!