Chapter 17~ Phone Call

"Hello?" I didn't know the number that showed up but answered it anyway.

"Hey babe," was the answer I got.

"Uh, who is this?" I asked.

"You seriously can't tell by my voice, psh some babe you are." He cockily replied. And why does this dude keep calling me babe? Then it dawned on me. It was Brandon Anderson. We had always been friends my dad and his dad were close friends which made us together a lot.

"Oh my god how could I not tell it was you," I gasped as the cold air from my room hit me like a brickwall and I waltzed over to my closet. "Whats up, Mr Player?" It was part of the thing we do everytime we talk to each other especially since he was the player of his school. I hadn't talk to him since my mom's funeral.
"Nothing really, just thought I would call you and wish you a Merry Christmas, Mrs. Sexy."

"Who in the world are you on the phone with that talks like that? And Mrs. Sexy? I am going to kill whoever is on the phone." Ben growled. I just waved him off with my hand.

"Who was that?" Brandon snapped me back to reality.

"Oh that was my sleepy boyfriend. " I rolled my eyes.

"My little miss innocent, has a boyfriend and he is in her bed?" I could hear the humor in his voice.

"Okay baby, no need to get jealous its just Ben." I joked. I felt Ben glaring at me so I decided I should wrap it up.

"Yeah I am pretty sure he could still kick my ass sweetheart." He was a little country western cause he had an accent. "Just remember I will beat the shit out of him if he ever hurts you got it?"

"Yeah but you would have to get in line cause Jackson already called dibs on first." I laughed.

"Speaking of him how is the old guy doing? What is he like 25 now?"

"Don't let him hear you say that, he is only 21 and makes that a point everyday."

"Wow, I thought he was older than that." He chuckled. "Well I have to go but it as so nice to hear your voice. I will see you later. Love you Miss Sexy."

"Love you too, babe." I hung up and turned around. Ben was furious. I stalked over to him and pulled him in for a long kiss. He pulled away and looked to his right.

"What was that?" He asked softly, which to me was scarier than him yelling.

"What?" I answered like I was oblivious to his jealousy.

"That phone call. Babe? Miss Sexy? What the hell Lex?" His voice got louder as he went on.

"That was Brandon Anderson. We have been like best friends forever and he called to say Merry Christmas. And we always talk like that to each other its our thing. No need to get jealous." I was defensive.

"Sorry I-I didn't know." He shook his head.

"Its okay but we should go down stairs." I bit my lip.

"Okay but you gotta stop doing that," he pointed to my lip. "Its a major turn on." He smiled.

"Well I will have to use that to my advantage then." I waltzed away him in tow.

Sorry this one was short too but the next chapter still be a little longer.

Thanks!