Chapter 37~ Prom

"Kristen stop freaking out! Jackson will think you are pretty no matter what you wear," I told her for the hundredth time.

"No he won't, I look like a whale!" She wailed.

"Kristen you are almost six months pregnant, what do you expect?" Yes its true, Krist and Jackson are together now, it happened sometime last week when he asked her to our prom. Which I still don't get, cause technically he can't go to our prom without her, so he shouldn't be able to ask her but whatever.

"I don't know, I just want to look pretty for prom,"

"And you do, that dress actually hides it pretty well, like I can still tell, but it blends with the skirt of your dress." I shrugged. She and I were doing or makeup and hair before going. Besides Mason & Laurel and Jackson & Kristen, the rest of us were just going as friends. Juliet and Brandon broke up cause apparently they were only dating to make Shane jealous, which worked. Juliet and Shane still aren't back together but it won't be long.

"Thanks that really helps," she sarcastically said.

I wore my hair up with light makeup that way my dress stood out. I was wearing a sweetheart neckline ball gown which the top was black then there was like a crystal belt, and a light pink skirt. Just as we were ready to leave the doorbell rang. I opened he door to have Ben standing on the other side of the porch.

"Hey, whats up?" I asked.

"I can't stop thinking about you. Ever since we broke up thats all I think about. I want what my parents had. Even when my mom was dying he was by her side through it all. They still held hands, they still danced around the living room. I want that. And I haven't felt that with anybody but you. You are the only one that lights me up when I have a bad day. You are the only one that just by smiling makes my heart melt.

'And sometimes it doesn't matter how tough we are- trauma always leaves a scar; it follows us home, it changes our lives. Trauma messes everbody up, but maybe that's the point: all the pain and the fear and the crap. Maybe going through all that is what keeps us moving forward; its what pushes us. Maybe we have to get a little messed up, before we can step up," he quoted Greys Anatomy then continued his speech.

"Maybe this was our trauma we had to get messed up before we realize what we really feel for each other. I know what I feel for you. I love that you are a much better person than me but you don't act like it. I love that you don't care what other people think of you. I love that you are independent and don't need other people, but you still have others around. I love that you make any situation funny. I love what you are doing for Kristen and helping her through this. I love that you had a baby on your own and are still so strong. I love you, Lex. I love you. Now I don't know if you love me or not but if you do, will you be my girlfriend again and go to prom with me?"

By now I was crying and couldn't stop. I just nodded my head. And ran to him. I kissed him with as much passion as I could and wrapped my arms around him. I had forgiven him. And not only forgiven him but I love him. And maybe the worst part is I don't think I ever stopped.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I loved you yesterday, I love you still, I always have and I always will," he whispered back. He placed the necklace in my hand. I smiled at him and thn there was a outburst of clapping and yelling. We turned around to find everyone clapping, even Blakelyn. After we returned from spring break she moved in with us.

"Lets go to our last prom together," he winked and we walked hand in hand to the truck. The rest of them got in the back of the truck, dresses, suits and all. We just shook our heads and cranked the radio all the way to the way to school. Sometimes I wonder what normal people look like that go to prom and do stuff together cause thats definitely not us.

Well because of the whole speech and getting back together thing we were about an hour late. We really didn't care though, we just danced, talked and had fun, even Tenley was dancing. The theme was the stereotypical starry night. The decorations however were really pretty. Lights that shone on the ceiling and little tiny pieces of mirror on the ceiling so that the light bounced off and they looked like stars. It was just about midnight when they were about to crown prom king and queen.

"Prom king is........... Ben Reid!" The annoucer, well annouced.

"And prom queen is Kristen Grey!" Nicki was shocked like I literally thought could have gone into early labor. She waddled towards the stairs and then Ben like the gentleman he is held her hands as they danced across the floor.

"I knew this was going to happen," Jackson said behind me. I turned to face him while they were still dancing.

"Tell that to your girlfriend, obviously she didn't, " I smiled.

"Not that, the Ben thing," he grimaced.

"What Ben thing?" I retorted.

"That he comes back apologizes sweeps you off your feet and then he is Mr. Perfect again. Then you get hurt in a month and we have to pick up the pieces," he angrily said.

"He truly is sorry, he thought it was me and I believe him. Now you have no say in this, this isn't even your prom. Okay so butt out,"

"Whatever I thought you could see through that,"

"Okay, I have a daughter, and have been through a lot of shit in my life don't ever think I can't see though people. Cause trust me you aren't such an open book." I spat.

"Like what?"

"When are you going to tell dad you went to school for a veterinarian and not a degree in agriculture?"

"Oh that," he sighed.

"Yeah that,"

"I am sorry okay, I just, you are my baby sister and I care about you." He hugged me.

"I love you too big brother,"

"You guys ready to go home now?" I looked at the table fulled of everyone and they nodded already standing up.

"Ready to tell me the name of my godson yet?" I asked Kristen.

"Nope I am not telling anyone,"

"Ugh!" I sighed.

"Night Lex,"