5 - Kiss Me

AN - UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!! woo! So this chapter is my favourite ever and im going to confess that I wrote it listening to the song in the sidebar and because that song makes me cry anyway, I was a wreck.

YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO IT WHILST READING, NO EXCEPTIONS!

anyway i really really hope you like it because i worked really hard on it, please leave your opinions? also vote and fan if you like, it makes me feel like throwing up rainbows and happiness knowing people actually like what i do!

Trigger Warning - Self Harm

It was exactly how Louis expected it to be.

Harry made an effort to come home straight after work, and it lasted for about two weeks but then things were back to how they were, out late and stumbling through the front door at crazy hours. That two o'clock appearance from two weeks ago became the usual for when Harry would go out with his 'mates'.

Louis couldn't really complain though, Harry would always make an extra effort when he was home. Their relationship was almost back to how it was before; loving, caring and full of laughter. The only difference was that Louis couldn't shake the feeling that Harry had put up a black curtain between them, and that there were secrets behind that curtain, the curtain he most definitely wasn't allowed behind.

He never mentioned it however, it just wasn't worth it. He had his boyfriend back, sort of, and he was grateful for that.

Louis was putting the kettle on when the doorbell went, he went straight away to open it and saw Niall and Liam looking back at him uncertainly.

"You guys alright?" Louis asked, Niall nodded and Liam just stood beside him in silence, "You wanna come in?" he offered to break the silence.

"Yeah, it's freezing out here." Niall replied, stepping inside, kicking off his shoes and hanging up his winter coat, Liam copying.

They both followed Louis into the kitchen who put more water in the kettle so he could make his mates tea.

"Is Harry home?" Liam asked suddenly whilst Louis was dropping the tea bags into the mugs lined up on the kitchen counter.

"No, he's just finished work. But he's not going out tonight so he'll be home in half an hour if you want to wait for him?" Louis offered whilst stirring their teas.

"Ah no, we were actually here to see you if that's alright, stranger!" Niall teased, accepting the tea with a wide smile. "We've barely seen you!"

"Hey don't have a dig at me!" Louis protested handing Liam his tea before picking up his own and leading the way into the living room where they collapsed on the sofa like they used to, Louis clearing his throat, suddenly serious "No but seriously guys, I'm sorry if I've been a bit incognito recently, I've been a bit distracted." he said, scratching the back of his neck and giving his two closest mates an awkward look, knowing that they would make him elaborate.

"About...?" Liam asked right on cue.

"Harry..." Louis replied, awaiting the usual jibes and Niall's cackle that Louis was overdue a cold shower, but nothing came.

"That's actually what we came to talk about..." Liam said quietly, turning and looking at Niall expectantly.

Niall held both hands up as if in surrender, "Woah man, don't load this one off on me! I wasn't even sure if we should tell him!"

"Wait, what?" Louis frowned, "Tell him what?"

"It's nothing really Louis, don't worry about it." Niall said in a reassuring voice that did nothing to calm Louis' nerves.