34 - I need to be close to you

AN - hello update! Well this took me longer to write than expected! I really wanted to update sooner for you guys, because the comments I got were lovely, and a lot of you were asking for an update. But I couldn't because I was stuck in the countryside, I could hear sheep from my bed... Literally, I was lying in bed and it was around midnight and I could hear sheep outside baa-ing...

Buuuuuuuut, I've updated now so... yaaaaay!

I really hope you all like it, and I am so thrilled with the amount of votes and ecsatic with the comments I've been getting! Please continue to fan/vote/comment if you like it, it really means a lot to me!

Love you all, my sweetums!

“Unless you stay the night…?”

“What?” Harry choked.

“You could… uh, stay the night? If you want?” Louis repeated, nervously picking at the side of his thumb and refusing to make eye contact.

Harry coughed apprehensively, “You won’t mind?”

Louis looked up quickly, eyes filled with relief, “No, not at all!” He smiled, “I wouldn’t offer if I did.”

Harry grinned and hung his coat back up on the peg before following Louis into the kitchen. Louis pulled a chair out from the dining table as they walked past, tipping his head towards the seat to show Harry that he was welcome to sit, as he put the kettle on to boil.

“So uh, you work at the restaurant now?” Louis began, leaning against the counter casually and smiling at Harry who had collapsed into the dining-table chair, “Is it still as shit as I made it out to be?”

Harry laughed, playing absentmindedly with an envelope he found on the table, not even glancing at it to check what it was, “It is pretty awful.” He grinned, “But it pays and Niall’s there to amuse me, so… It could be worse!” Harry concluded with a chuckle.

Louis smiled at Harry; a kind of smile that he didn’t even realise was plastering his face. He couldn’t stop smiling really, it felt so nice to see Harry sitting there in the kitchen, his socked feet swinging and catching the floor because he’s too tall; his dimples prominent as he smiled; his chocolate curls getting messed as he shook his head to clear them from his eyes; his smile quite literally – and embarrassingly – sending a little spark deep down to Louis’ stomach. He was pulled out of his trance when the kettle clicked to show it was boiled, and whilst he poured the water over teabags into two mugs, Louis threw what he hoped was an inconspicuous glance over his shoulder, and he saw Harry sitting with a confused half-smile.

Louis stirred milk into the tea, poured one and a half sugars into Harry’s mug, and then threw the spoon into the sink. After passing Harry his tea he sat opposite Harry at the dining table, and smiled when Harry hummed appreciatively after his first sip of the tea.

Harry grinned “One and a half sugars, eh Lou? You remembered!”

Louis scoffed as he reached for the biscuit-jar, “Like I would forget after four years of making you your tea, you are so picky!”

Harry’s mouth fell open, and he held a hand to his heart in mock-offense, “I feel so offended! And all these years I thought you thought I was endearing…”

Louis smirked and threw a Wagon Wheel at Harry before picking one for himself and taking a bite of the sticky, jammy, chocolatey biscuit. He smirked, because that was exactly Harry was. Harry was endearing with the way he would give a cheeky, little side-smile when he was laughing at something he shouldn’t because he thought it made it less noticeable ; he was endearing with the way his eyes would light up when Louis used to bring him home a large slice of New York cheesecake from the restaurant; he was endearing with the way he would blush every single time Louis kissed his forehead, like it was something new and exciting every time, Louis always made sure he kissed his forehead lots; he was endearing with the way his eyebrows were creased as he tried and failed to open the Wagon Wheel packet, and Louis sat and smiled at the Cheshire boy, because he was so perfectly endearing and he couldn’t help himself.