13 - Four Years

AN - This is quite short compared to normal, but it's kind of a part two to chapter 12.

I really hope that you all like this chapter, I'm so thankful for all of the votes on the last chapter and on all of the chapters, it means so so much to know that you guys like it!

Vote/fan/comment if you like this, I'd love to know what you guys think about it so far!

PS. listen to the song in the sidebar!

Love ya sweetums!

“Do you think he’s going to be ok?” Niall asked Liam whilst adjusting his tie.

Liam sighed, “I dunno, I mean, yeah he will be… Eventually…”

Niall nodded, “Should I go and check on him?”

“Yeah,”

Niall walked through his flat towards the spare room where Louis was getting ready for the second day in court, “Hey Lou, can I come in?” Niall asked whilst knocking on the door.

Niall waited outside until he heard Louis mutter a barely audible affirmative.

“You all set?” Niall asked once he opened the door, leaning against the doorframe, watching Louis dressed in his suit, staring forlornly at his reflection in the floor-length mirror.

Louis didn’t reply, so Niall moved from the door and sat at the end of the bed, legs hanging off the end, “Louis mate, do you wanna talk?”

Niall saw Louis’ face go taut in the mirror, “Talk about what, Ni?”

“Court. Harry. The future. Anything, Louis.” Niall answered.

Louis turned on his heel to look at Niall, “It’s not like it’s going to help though, is it?” Niall opened his mouth to reply but Louis continued, “I appreciate it Niall; I really do; but it’ll just make the fact that nothing is the same, sink in.”

Niall supposed it made sense, but he patted the duvet next to him anyway; and despite his protest from earlier, Louis sat next to him on the bed, hands awkwardly folded in his lap.

“Hey Lou…” Niall said softly, pulling Louis into a hug, who in response leant into his hug.

Niall only realised Louis was crying when he felt him shake from within his embrace, sobs silent. He rocked Louis gently, sitting with him in silence because he didn’t know what to say, nothing he could say could stop the train wreck that was in progress.

“Niall, Loui-” Liam cut off midsentence as he stepped into the spare bedroom, when he saw Louis crying into Niall’s chest.

“Oh Lou…” Liam sighed, sitting on the bed, to the other side of Louis, lifting his arm to rub large, comforting circles on his back.