22 - My Baby Boy

AN - So you guys... On tuesday I got to 7000 reads, and I thanked you majorly on my wall for that... Now it's thursay and i am on over 9000 reads. WHAT IS GOING ON OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH LALALALALALALALA I CANNOT BELIEVE IT AT ALL! I, in no world, ever thought that first off it would get this many, and then that it would get this many that quickly! Over 2000 reads in 2 days!!! WHAAAAAAAAT!?!?!

So i worked extemely hard on this chapter, and it focuses heavily on the idea of self-harm, so if you are struggling with that, do not be afraid to message me, I will be there to talk to if you want to talk to someone you don't see everyday, so therefore won't judge you. I suffered with self-harm and thankfully hardly ever do it anymore, but a couple of my friends suffer badly, so I will always be here if you want...

I am so happy with the comments i've been getting recently! I got a couple on my last chapter and they really made me smile, so thank you! Please, as always, vote/follow/comment if you like, I'd love you talk to more of you guys and hear what you think! Don't think I don't know you're not there, my silent readers!! I know you're there! hahahaha

So this chapter goes with Little House - The Fray, who is my favourite band band ever - alongside One Direction. I love their music and oh god I want to see them live SOOOOO BAAAAD! Please give it a listen as you read because it's an incredible song done by AN AMAZING BAND LALALALALALA #SHOUTOUTTOTHEFRAYPLEASELOVEME

TRIGGER WARNING: SELF HARM SCENES (NOT DETAILED) AND DEPRESSION.

love you all, my sweetums!

“Harry you suck today! You haven’t got a single basket!” Jacob laughed, landing a laddish punch on Harry’s slouched shoulder.

Harry grunted in response, passing the ball heavily to Josh before trudging down the court after the rest of the team who were running with a bounce in their step. He really could not be bothered to go out and play a shitty game of basketball, but the wardens were getting sick of him refusing to go outside for exercise, so they told him he had to or they would get in trouble with the human rights committee for not providing adequate living conditions or something as such.

“Y’alright Harry?” Josh asked quietly once he had jogged over to stand with Harry, by the sideline, “I mean, really, are you ok?”

Josh had grown to know and really like Harry in the six days they knew each other, before the day that Louis came to visit during visiting hours, and that was long enough for Josh to realise that Harry hadn’t been alright any day during the two weeks since. The only thing that could bring even the faintest of smiles to his face was the letter he got from Niall and Liam, and the letters from his Mum and sister.

Harry looked up at Josh with dull eyes, and just held the eye contact in silence before dropping his gaze back to his battered, used-to-be-white-now-a-grubby-grey converse.

“Guess not.” Josh muttered, more to himself than to Harry.

Harry swallowed thickly and scuffed his shoe along the floor, moving around the bits that had come up and become loose gravel. His eyes occasionally darted to the place further up the sideline where Damon and flipped his lid and decided to try and kick Harry into a concussion, but Damon had been moved to a different wing so Harry only saw him occasionally, in the eating hall.

“Listen Harry,” Josh started, out of the blue, “You can still talk to me, you know? Just because shits happened, you can still talk to me and I can still listen to y-”

“Session over!” A loud voice barked, “Inside!”

In a matter of seconds, all the convicts were lining up by the iron door, waiting to be led inside and escorted back to their cells. Harry hung back slightly, watching everyone queue; and as soon as he was confident neither Josh, Jacob or Dan were watching him, he knelt to the ground and grabbed a small, sharp piece of the loose gravel. As he rose carefully to his feet and trudged over to join the line, Harry turned the gravel over and over between his forefinger and thumb, flinching slightly at the sharpness of one of the edges, but mostly smiling slowly to himself as he pocketed the gravel quickly – following the others inside as the line began to move.