20 - Don't cry

AN - So on my update on Friday I got very happy because that same day I got 5000 reads, so I thanked you all in my AN... Now I have to thank again because YOU ONLY GOT AND GOT ME TO 6000 READS ALREADY! WHAT!?! thank you sooooo much! You literally have no idea how much all of this means to me, and how much all your votes and the odd comment i get, means to me! Thank you sosososo much!

Now this song goes with Stop Crying Your Heart Out - Oasis and YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO IT WITH THE CHAPTER!! It is one of my all time favourite songs EVER and it's perf....

As always please vote/follow/comment if you like this, I was over the moon to get the comments I did on the last chapter, made my day! :D

Thank you and love you all my sweetums!

“Are you alright Mr Styles?” Harry heard a voice ask from behind his closed eyelids.

Harry groaned, confused as to where he was but too tired to open his eyes, plus there was this awful throbbing low in his gut and he had a pounding headache.

“Sir please open your eyes, we need to check your response.” The same, kind, female voice spoke.

Harry pried his eyes open sullenly, blinking against the bright light in the room, and it took him only moments to realise that he was lying in a hospital bed, and the voice that was talking to him was coming from a pretty, young nurse. It also only took moments for the memories to come back, and he remembered Damon kicking and punching him because he couldn’t accept Harry’s sexuality. Then he remembered Louis…

“What day is it?” Harry rasped, coughing gently to try and clear his scratchy throat.

The nurse smiled at him and passed him a glass of water which Harry gratefully accepted, “Saturday sweetie, we had to keep you in overnight, that guy gave you quite a beating.” She explained with her soft, floaty voice.

Harry nodded, sitting up slightly and wincing as his sight began to spin, “Yeah, I can feel it.”

The nurse gave Harry a hand sitting up and propped his pillows up for him, “Now, I’m going to check your responses and reflex so I can see if you can be released, ok?”

Harry agreed and opened his eyes wider so that she could shine a light into both of his eyes in return, then he pulled himself to sit by the side of the bed with his legs hanging so she could test his reflex.

“Ok Mr Styles, I think you’re good to go!” She announced, standing up from her kneeling position and clapping her hands together, smiling at Harry brightly who just flopped back onto the bed with a heavy sigh, “Aren’t you happy?” The nurse laughed, “A handsome lad like you must have someone gorgeous waiting at home for them, hm?”

Harry sniffled, “He broke up with me…”

The nurse hummed apologetically, “Did he-?”

“No!” Harry exclaimed, “He would never do anything like that! This was all some dick from pri-” Harry paused, realisation hitting him that the nurse didn’t know he was a criminal, and he quickly realised she may not be so kind if she knew the circumstances.

“A dick from…?” The nurse prompted with a light, tinkley laugh.

Harry sucked in a breath and answered, “I made some stupid mistakes and managed to wind up in prison, it was all some dick from prison who didn’t seem to find my sexuality very… ah… basically he kicked the shit out of me because I like boys.” He bit his lip nervously, awaiting the red-headed nurse’s response.