41 - Louis xx

AN - So this was shorter than planned, and it was supposed to be up last night so I am incredibly sorry! I really want to update again tonight to make up for it, but i don't really have time at all because I have shit loads to do, but, ugh I dunno. WE'LL SEE! I'm not promising...

So my blurb-thingy for my next fic got deleted temporarily, so if you haven't checked it out yet, it's back up now! Yay! I am so super excited to start it soon! Also HEADS UP I will also be writing a Niall fic alongside it so, if you are interested in het fanfiction you can read that too! Yay!

If you like it, you guys know the drill, please vote/follow/comment, i am ecsatic (how do you spell that word!?!) with the amount of feedback I got, literally I am fangirling, you guys are the best.

Also, this is the last chapter I'm going to dedicate, there are so many more of you that i want to dedicate to, but i genuinely have the shittest memory ever and I cannot for the life of me remember who i have and havent dedicated to, and its just less hassel to not bother, haha :)

As always, I love you sweetums!

Niall was sat alone in the corridor of the ICU, Liam having nipped off to the loo, leaving Niall waiting alone until he thought they had left Louis and Harry enough private time. He was planning on tucking his head around the door to sneak a peek to see if they were done, but Louis came pouring out of the door first.

“Louis!” Niall exclaimed, jumping up from his seat as he saw Louis stumble out of Harry’s hospital room, head hidden in his hands, “What’s up!?”

Louis looked up, Niall gasped when he saw Louis’ red-rimmed eyes and cheeks shiny from tears.

“I-I have to go.” Louis mumbled through his tears, trying to push past Niall who had jumped up and tried to pull Louis into a hug.

“What, why?” Niall asked, eyebrows furrowed and blocking the way for Louis to escape, “What about Harry?”

Louis snivelled, “Doesn’t matter anymore, does it?” He asked, slightly bitter, “He made it very clear there is no ‘us’, and that there never will be.”

“What!?” Niall exclaimed.

Louis just nodded, then shook his head, “Yeah, kind of feels like déjà vu.”

~-~

“Where’s Louis?” Liam asked, naively, as he walked into Harry’s hospital room, instantly noticing the very prominent lack of Louis in the room – Niall was sitting in his chair.

Niall coughed awkwardly, trying to signal to Liam to ‘shut the fuck up’, and Harry just exhaled slowly and rubbed a tired, and re-cannula-ed, hand over his face with a groan.

“What?” Liam asked, confused, as he sat himself down on the end of Harry’s bed.

“Louis told Harry he loved him, and Harry told him they couldn’t be together.” Niall hissed far too loudly seeing as he was closer to Harry than to Liam, but Harry appreciated the effort anyway.

“Oh…” Liam replied quietly, staring down at his lap as he felt the awkwardness wash over him like a wave.

“Hm.” Harry said loudly, clapping his hands together to break the awkward silence and to rouse the other two boys’ attention, “Do you guys mind running down to the canteen and buying me one of those chocolate puddings? I have a craving…”

Niall and Liam nodded quickly, and jumped up to get Harry’s food, relieved for an excuse to leave the awkwardness that seemed to hang in the room, because it just wasn’t right that Louis wasn’t there stroking Harry’s hand anymore.

~-~

“Do you think there is a chance they’ll ever get back together?” Niall asked out of the blue, dipping his finger into his hot chocolate then licking the cream off as he and Liam walked back down the now familiar corridor towards Harry’s room, “Louis and Harry, I mean.”

Liam hummed contemplatively, whilst giving Harry’s pudding a worried stare, “Maybe, I dunno. A lot has happened, maybe one too many things has happened now, or maybe there is still something hanging by a thread that can be salvaged.” Niall grunted an agreement around his finger as he scooped up more cheap cream, “It’s Louis and Harry though, isn’t it? I mean, they have gotten over so much already. They just kind of seem like a done-deal, do you know what I mean?”

“Yeah,” Niall said, pushing Harry’s door open with his hip when they arrived, backing into the room backwards so he could keep the door open for Liam, who also had full hands, with Harry’s pudding and his own hot drink.

“Zayn,” Liam exclaimed in surprise, Niall spinning around like lightning when he heard the name; the two boys standing in shock by the door and staring at Harry who hadn’t moved from where they left him, and Zayn who was sitting in Louis’ chair, “What are you doing here?”

Zayn cleared his throat awkwardly from the seat, “Hey lads, I don’t believe we’ve met?”

“No we haven’t,” Niall spluttered, giving Harry his food before looking back towards Zayn, “But we have certainly heard of you.”

“Only good things I hope?” Zayn asked with a dry chuckle, knowing he was probably pushing the line with that joke, but hoping that they would see the humour and that it would ease the undeniably horrible atmosphere.

Liam scoffed, “Only the worst.” He paused, “Why are you here?”

Zayn sniffed, “Came to check up on Harry, I heard he was in hospital, I was worried.”

Niall nodded slowly, confused but approving, “Well, that’s nice, I suppose…” he said, gaining a surprised glare from Liam, who wasn’t planning on forgiving this Zayn guy anytime soon.

Zayn hummed in agreement, “Anyway, I was about to leave, so uh…” He paused and smiled awkwardly and Niall and Liam, “I might see you guys another time?”

“Hm… Maybe…” Liam replied uncertainly, then watched Zayn give Harry a quick hug, mumbled something into his ear which Harry nodded to, then he left.

After a few moments of surprisingly un-awkward silence, Liam suddenly asked Harry who was biting his lower lip and turning his phone over and over in his hand, “What’s up? You’re restless.”

Harry sighed, “I'm getting discharged Thursday, tomorrow, and, well, I was talking to Zayn about things and he came to a conclusion, and basically there’s something that I feel I should do, but, I’m too scared.”

Niall quirked his eyebrows inquisitively, “Which is…?”

“Did Zayn ask you out!?” Liam exclaimed suddenly.

Harry scoffed, “No, and even if he did, I wouldn't say yes,” Harry stopped with a little, disbelieving giggle.

Liam visibly relaxed, “Well what is it then?”

Harry was about to answer when his phone vibrated from his bag by the end of his bed, “Ni, could you chuck me my phone, please?”

Niall nodded and unzipped Harry’s bag, chucking him his phone without glancing at it. Harry caught it easily, and pressed the unlock button, heart stuttering when he saw the contact the text was from: Louis xx

Harry took a deep breath, unlocked his phone, and opened the text.

Um hi, I know you said that this can’t work, and I know I only left three hours ago, but I can’t stop thinking about you and I can’t just let you end things like this. Please come and meet me at Gina’s on Saturday at 7?? I know you know the place… xx

Harry sighed shakily, the tremble in his breath audible.

“What was that about?” Niall asked nosily.

“Gina’s, Saturday at 7, with Louis…” Harry said simply, quietly, “But now I don’t have to do what I was scared to, because Louis has just done it for me.”