Reminiscence

Author's POV

Taehyung trailed behind Yoora, confused as to why he had been called out. He noticed the way she moved, fluid and confident. She had barely been in the dorms for a month, but here she was acting like she had been living here for as long as Taehyung.

That unnerved him, more than he would like to admit. He had been so deep into his thoughts that he hadn't realised that they were at the entrance of Yoora's room. She was holding the door open, waiting for him to enter.

Taehyung cautiously set foot into the room, unsure of what to expect.

"Take a seat," Yoora gestured to the armchair by the window. Taehyung did as told, waiting for her to start talking.

"Is there anything you would like to tell me?" Yoora asked. Her tone was light and casual but there was a subtle edge laced to her words. Taehyung said nothing as he stared at her form leaning against the window sill. She seemed to be staring at something in particular. Taehyung mulled over her question.

Is there something you would like to tell me?

There was a lot that he wanted to get off his chest but he can't, not to someone he barely knew.

"Taehyung-ssi?" Yoora said, her voice barely above a whisper. Taehyung's eyes snapped towards her, his eyes holding inexplicable emotions. He tried to swallow the anxiety that was constricting his throat and took a deep breath.

He looked at Yoora, searching her eyes for anything, any sign of impatience or anger, but there was none. People usually became irritable when he took a while to reply. That somehow reassured him and quelled the wave of anxiety that was threatening to crash down his mental barriers.

"Jungkook and I... we were talking in our room. He was completely out of it. He wanted to talk to Jimin, so... we went to Jimin and Hoseok hyung's room. But when we opened the door, Jimin was in Hoseok hyung's bed, cuddling with him and Jungkook..." Taehyung paused, sighing as he recalled what had happened afterwards.

"He... got mad. He stormed into the room and started raising his voice saying that he wanted to talk to Jimin. Hoseok hyung, he... didn't like the disrespect that he was getting from Jungkook and he didn't like the way he treated Jimin...," Taehyung paused yet again, squeezing his hands.

"But... they didn't stop arguing, and it got out of hand...They started yelling and all the hyungs heard it so they came in. They said a lot of things they didn't mean, especially Jungkook. He... called Hoseok hyung an asshole for involving himself in a fight that wasn't his. And that wasn't even the worst of what he said..." Taehyung's voice broke.

"He... wished that Hoseok hyung wasn't even in BTS, or alive," It was at that, that Yoora, who had been silently processing all the information while staring out the window, whipped her head to look at Taehyung. Her eyes held a silent question.

Did I hear correctly?

Taehyung sighed and nodded, massaging his face.

"But then... Hoseok hyung laughed and said that it was because of Jungkook that Jimin was always crying and that he always hurt Jimin. That's when Jungkook completely lost it, and he was about to punch Hoseok hyung. And everyone else was screaming and telling him to stop. I grabbed him, trying to stop anyone from getting hurt. He kept trying to loosen my grip on him by shaking me off. But instead, he changed direction and swung at the mirror, breaking it,"

Sensing that was the last of the story, Yoora turned to face Taehyung.

"Did anyone else get hurt?"