A caring asshole

A ragged breath came out of Yoora's mouth, tears streaming down her face as she climbed up the stairs.

Slamming the door shut, her knees gave way and she slid to the floor, her back to the door. Her lips wobbled uncontrollably as she rocked back and forth. Hugging her knees to herself, her entire body shook as she let out a silent scream.

Memories of her filled Yoora's head. The happy memories, the sad ones, the painful ones.

A knock sounded, alerting Yoora of another presence on the other side of the door. Hurriedly, she locked the door and scrambled up from the floor into the bathroom, not wanting anyone to see her this way.

Her hands held the sides of the marble sink, desperately trying to oust all those memories in her head. "No...please. Make it stop..." Yoora whimpered pitifully. A knot grew in her stomach, clenching painfully.

A wave of memories rose, threatening to crash into Yoora's lone figure on the shore. Staring at it in fear, but she was paralysed. She couldn't move. The wall of memories was way too close, she could hear the voices in the memory and she wanted to run, but she couldn't. All she could do was stare and wait for it to come crashing down. And it did. Drowning her.

The memories closed in on her suffocatingly. She screamed desperately, trying to pull herself out of the flood of memories she was being drowned in. Yet she couldn't. The memories yanked at her, she thrashed around wildly, hoping that it would bring her reprieve. But no.

Panic filled her already delirious mind as she flung her arms in hopes of getting something that would help. Her arm hit the tap and the last thing Yoora heard was the faint echo of water gushing.

A few minutes passed and Yoora's eyes fluttered open, squinting as she adjusted to the brightness. She pushed herself off the floor and stared at herself in the mirror in front of her. She rubbed her face, removing the tear tracts on her cheeks and took a deep breath. Her eyes went to the blood on her arms and she cringed.

She peeled the filthy clothes off, removed the bandages and climbed into the bathtub. Her mind was blank as she scrubbed her skin raw. The broken skin on her right arm had started bleeding again due to her aggressive scrubbing. She paid no mind as her arm started to sting as she continued showering.

After which, she grabbed her bloody tank top and brought it back to the tub, where she gave it a merciless scrub. She continued scrubbing the tank top even after it was rid of all the blood.

Her hands slowed to a stop and she slowly got up from the wet surface. She wrung the wet top and put it at the side of the basin, making a mental reminder to put it in the dryer later.

Yoora exited the bathroom and was putting on a t-shirt when she heard the loud knocks on the door. She quickly slipped the t-shirt on and put on a pair of shorts when she heard Rui Ya's voice on the other side of the door saying, "Jungkook?"

She furrowed her eyebrows, wondering what business the maknae of BTS had at her door. She swung her door open and saw Jungkook and Rui Ya nose to nose.

Rui Ya looked at him as if she were trying to read his mind, not minding the proximity. Meanwhile Jungkook just looked plain uncomfortable. He moved back a step. She moved one forward. Yoora coughed lightly making her presence known.

Rui Ya and Jungkook both whipped their heads towards Yoora.

"OW!" they both screeched rubbing their heads.

Due to their closeness, their heads had collided when they had turned. Yoora stifled a smile.

"Is there anything you need?" Yoora asked coolly. "I... Um, I just wanted to talk to you about something," Jungkook answered.

"Well?" Yoora prompted. Scratching his head, Jungkook side-eyed Rui Ya, who was looking at him curiously. "Um, can I tell you in private?" Jungkook muttered, avoiding eye contact.

Yoora looked at him in surprise. "Sure," she agreed, opening the door wider for the ravenette to enter. Rui Ya nodded at Yoora and left to give them privacy.

Yoora shut the door and turned around to see the maknae sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at the ground. "Anytime now," Yoora said expectantly. Jungkook looked up from the floor and stared at Yoora. He seemed to be searching for something.

"I don't have all day," Yoora said, annoyance building at the younger's odd behaviour. Jungkook opened his mouth, but no words came out. Yoora sighed and leaned against the wall.

A few minutes of awkward silence ensued before the male finally broke the silence. "Are you okay?" he finally asked.

Eyes that had been lazily looking out the window, whirled to meet Jungkook's. "Is this seriously what you wanted to talk about?" Yoora asked incredulously. "But yes, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" she added.

Jungkook scoffed.

"Really? Then why did you look so troubled? I know that look, what's wrong?" he asked, hoping that she would open up. It was Yoora's turn to scoff.

"Look, I don't know what the hell you want me to say. But there's nothing wrong," she said, ticked off.

"And anyway, you were an ass, not a few days ago. What's with the odd behaviour?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow.

Jungkook bristled at that. "I'm just trying to help. I-It's just... I got worried when I saw that look on your face. I-I've had that same look in my eyes before," Jungkook said thickly, breath hitching.

Tears formed in those brown doe eyes of his as he clutched at the bedsheets. Yoora sighed looking at the sight in front of her.

A sharp intake of breath and the loud gasps escaping Jungkook's mouth was all it took for Yoora to realise that he was having an anxiety attack.

Yoora was before the hyperventilating male within a few seconds. He had started rocking back and forth, his arms hugging his torso and a haunted look in his eyes.

"Jungkook, look at me. Count with me alright?" Yoora said, holding Jungkook's shoulders. "One," Yoora said. "O-one," Jungkook managed to say.

"That's it, come on. Two," she encouraged.

They counted to twenty, before Jungkook looked up from Yoora's stomach, having buried his head there earlier.

"Thank you," he said weakly, eyes drooping as a wave of lethargy hit him. "Sleep, you need to rest," was all Yoora said before helping him lie down on the bed.

Jungkook succumbed to sleep as soon as his head hit the soft pillow. Yoora removed his slippers, placing them at the foot of the bed neatly and pulled the covers over Jungkook's sleeping figure before quietly exiting the room. 

A/N

I am so so sorry. Something came up as I was finishing this chapter last week and I wasn't able to finish it until today. 

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, let me know in the comments what you think. Hope all of you have a lovely weekend! <333

I PURPLE YOU!!!💜💜💜

~D

Edit: I realised that I forgot to title the chapter 😅😅