Chapter 15; Trouble in Paradise

V R I N D A

V R I N D A

A/n :- This chapter has a little bit of mature content. It's not much but I still felt that I should warn. Enjoy!

• • •

Vaidyagiri was a vehemently opposite settlement than that of Dwarka.

Everything that the city of Dwarka represented, the land of the Vidhyadharas was poles apart from all of the knowledge about the world I had ever gained. 

It was astonishing, the lifestyle of the golden eyed folk.

Harmless. yet with a tinge of danger. The best way to describe, the almost mythical land that I had been living in for a week now.

The most dangerous thing about living in the land of Vaidyagiri was disguise. A false identity that could easily be caught, if or when one is succumbed towards the arms of vulnerability. And being vulnerable to danger was a warrior's biggest defeat.

The more that I thought about it, the more it bothered me, the thought of getting caught. Internally I was prepared for an incognito stay, but with the Vidhyadharas and their eternal hatred for the people born of warrior blood, the complication of the situation had increased to a centum.

"You're overthinking again." A husky voice shook me to my reality, which was a plate of hot steaming dal and freshly cooked rice.

"I'm not. I am just preparing my mind for the worst possible thing to happen."  I replied.

"Its called overthinking. O magnificent princess of Dwarka." He whispered with a slight chuckle. My eyes widened at his sudden remark.

"Yes, why don't you go and amplify our real identities, so that even the golden eyed children can throw rocks at us." I said, rolling my eyes at the sheer stupidity. "We should make a haste and get out of this place, Rudra. It is very important for us to reach Matsya. I am pretty sure your father must've sent a search party for you. Its not wise to let an invasion happen in the land of doctors, who are also skilled in counter-magic."

"Praise Mahadev! Look how anxious you are, love. Haven't you ever heard the saying, Haste is an absolute waste"  Added Rudra. He was trying hard to lighten up the atmosphere but my mind just did not want to be receptive of any humor at the moment.

"Please don't joke, Rudra. Even though I appreciate it, lets just focus on what I told you ten seconds ago." I replied.

He sighed.

"I want you to be perfectly healthy before we embark on another mission, Vrinda. You were attacked by a poisonous blade, it damaged quite a lot of your body. Please just let yourself heal first." Rudra replied, his voice laced with a blanket of concern.

"I am completely alright, Rudra. It has been a week. We cannot delay it any longer. If your father's men find us here, they will destroy the entire settlement. And it'll unnecessarily start a bloodbath." I added.