Chapter 7; Combat

Author's note ; The Championship Arena above.

V R I N D A

I breathed. The whole kingdom had gathered once again. The second round of the championship. Dwarka was full of hope and cheer. But this time, not for its Princes. But for me. I think I am over exaggerating, but I could feel every eye on me. Some observing every move of mine, while others praying for my win.

This round really was going to be a challenge.

I had trained rigorously with Balram ji. The marks on my body were a proof of it. He had been patient with me. He knew that wrestling was my weakness, but he helped me nevertheless. He taught me a few tricks that would hopefully be helpful to me, while competing. He told me to pay emphasis on what I was already good at. Dodging. If I could confuse my opponent then I had a chance of winning.

The qualified participants, of the three kingdoms were standing on the prescribied platforms. I was standing in between the contenders of Hastinapur and Ahichatra. I looked towards my left, to see, Rudra, standing with full pride. On my right was Prince Dushasana's son, Durmasana. His body language screamed arrogance. It was evident from his facial expression. I frowned. I didn't want to stand near him, let alone fight him. Suddenly a thunderous voice boomed around the arena.

"My sincere Greetings to the Kings of Dwarka, the royal family and of course, the people of our Dwarka!
We have assembled yet again, to witness the strength in the the arms of these valiant participants, who have managed to successfully tackle the tough questions put forth, by the most Knowledgeable scholars of this country! Today, we will see them wrestle!" Roared the General of the Narayani Sena.
A series of huge applauses broke out in the entire arena. It almost felt as if the earth was shaking with its effects.

"It is common sense, that this round of the championship will have certain strong rules, which the participants have to abide by. On the extreme right of this Arena, we have set up a sand clock which measures ten minutes. There is a bell attached to the sand clock, which will ring only after the time is complete. The participant who withstands the duel the longest, will be declared the winner!" He Announced. I frowned. They had doubled the time from the last time, to increase the difficulty level of the competition.

"We will have 3 duels, and only the two who perform the most efficiently will be qualifying for the final round!" He Added.
"Now, I request, King Balram And Prince Duryodhana, our honourable judges, to randomly pick a chit and announce the contenders of the first Duel." Said Kritverma. A servant was sent to the seating area of the judges. I saw King Balram pick a chit from a small pot, which the servant was holding. I could feel my heart pounding. Suspense was truly the worst.

"The first Duel will be between......Prince Rudra of Ahichatra and Prince Durmasana of Hastinapur!" Roared Kritverma. I looked at Rudra, he to my surprise had a frown on his face, as if he wasn't at all happy with the result. In contrast, Prince Durmasana had an arrogant smile on his face. I frowned. Something didn't feel right here.