Chapter 12; The Trial

V R I N D A

V R I N D A

Darkness. A state where one is robbed out of illumination. Whether it be physical or mental, it has the same effect on a human. It leaves them numb. Unable to feel pain, depressed. One is robbed out of their very basic ability to feel.

Maybe, that's what humiliation of the highest order does to you. I can only imagine now, how my mother must've felt on that fateful day.

Confined to the walls of my chambers, my mind kept going back to the spiteful words that were hurled at me.

"....Your mother didn't show us her rather remarkable assets, twelve years ago. You could do the deed for us! I'll disrobe you from my bare hands! Just like my father did to your mother!"

His horrendous voice rumbled in my ears like a terrible song.

My eyes were slowly starting to get wet, my vision was now hazy, covered by the weight of unshed tears. I sat on my bed, forcefully removing all the jewellery that my body had been adorned with. Beauty seemed like a punishment than a blessing at the moment.

My hair open, were moving in sync with the wild wind. It was very late in the night.
And it was so silent that I could even here the sound of the sea.

Only those who are drowning can understand the language of the sea.

I breathed. Deeply. Exhaling and inhaling the cool air. Even a simple act like breathing, felt full of strain. As if the air was like a sharp knife, stabbing and scratching my lungs with force. A trembling sigh escaped my lips.

"All that blood, looks good on your face you know. Really brings out the green in your eyes." Said a bold voice. I frowned. My gaze fell upon the place where the sound came from, my balcony.

"Well, it only looks good because it's the blood of your violator. If it were yours than we'd be having a totally different conversation right now." He Added.

"How did you get here? I'm supposed to be under house arrest aren't I? And besides, my chambers are way high up." I managed to speak.

"When has the boundaries created by society, ever stopped a lover from meeting his beloved? History is a witness." Replied Rudra. Sitting next to me on my bed. I looked at him. His brown orbs were full of concern. I smiled weakly at his attempt to cheer me up.

He suddenly got up from the bed. I frowned. He walked straight towards the table where a towel was kept, near the mirror. He then moved towards the bathing chambers.

What on earth is he doing?

My doubt was cleared, when he walked out of the bathing chamber, holding a seemingly wet towel.