Chapter 10; When Swords Collide

V R I N D A

V R I N D A

There is a moment in your life, when you can feel the fire, the enraging, igniting fiery sensation in your bones. Everything seems heightened in you. Your epinephrine has reached its peak. Everything seems to be perfect. For, this will be your moment of victorious glory.

Well, this was one of such moments.

The Rangshala Arena, was yet again, with hundreds of cheering Dwarkans and others. I felt the intensity of their joy. After all they had hope.
Hope that their kingdom will prove to be the best, amongst all.

And The most freighting thing of all?

I was their hope. I had hundreds of people banking on me.

I had been pretty confident, up until this morning. It was due to the briefing Rudra had bestowed upon me. I knew what I was getting into, which filled me with comfort and and satisfaction.

Until...

I heard Rudra's words echoing in my conscience.

"This championship isn't about competition anymore, Princess. It's about your life. If you'll loose , you'll die..."

Such comforting words. O, Benevolent Prince of Ahichatra!

I wasn't scared of death, it was the inevitable end of all living beings. But I didn't want to die before seeing those who destroyed my family, perish.

And this motive was enough to make me perform.

"Welcome once again, Citizens of Dwārkā! The honourable guests and our prestigious royal family! We have yet again gathered here, on the auspicious occasion of VIJAY DASHAMI, to witness the final round!" Roared Kritverma. As his thunderous voice struck the arena, silence rested amidst the halls.

I stood in front of my supposed cousin, Durmasana. He looked exactly like his father. The man who had brutally dragged my mother from her hair. My blood boiled at the sight of his face. I knew that animosity and friendship weren't hereditary, but whenever I looked at him, or anyone from the Kuru family, as a matter of fact. I was always painfully reminded of the horrendous catastrophe.

He was wearing an armour with a mauve dhoti wrapped around him. He had short hair and a rusty complexion.
The most irritating thing of all, was his smirk. It made me want to punch his teeth out.

My hair were pleated neatly, and I was wearing a bright red dhoti, with a golden armour. My sword in my hand like the most precious ornament. Indeed it was.

"The rules of this round are pretty simple, yet beautifully complicated." Added Kritverma. I frowned.

Beautifully complicated. Sounds like something Govind would say.