Chapter 13; Betrayal.

V R I N D A

V R I N D A

Silence was adorned around the walls of the Dwarkan hall. Only sounds of awfully long gasps were heard, along with fastened heartbeats. I looked at the atmosphere of the court with hawk's eyes. Everything was absolutely and wholly numb.

A dreadful shock and a deadly grin. The two sort of expressions my naked eyes were a witness of. As soon as those words escaped from mouth. I could feel Rudra just staring blankly at me. He was exasperated. I could tell rather feel by the way he ,was glaring at me.
Krishna on the other hand was blank. Something rather unusual for him.

"Vrinda! What are you saying? There wasn't any fault of yours in what happened. It is the state of Hastinapur that needs to apologise. And don't ever think we will not fight for your honour! Each and every soldier of the Narayani Sena, will gladly lay down their lives if it means defending their most beloved royal! Don't do this." Said Balram, coming closer to me and gripping me from my shoulders.

"That's the point, Bade Dau. I love Dwarka at least as much as they love me. They gave me honour, respected me and accepted me as their princess. All my life, all I've ever wanted is to never let them down. Never disappoint them. If this war happened, History will look at the love for my state with suspicion. I'd rather die than let that happen." I choked out. The lump in my throat was increasing minute by minute. My eyes were brimming with tears.

"No! You're not doing any such thing! I am your father's second wife, and thus by the Shastras I am equivalent to the position of your mother! You will not be exiled Vrinda! And this is my order to you!" Announced,
Choti Maa.

I frowned.

Choti Maa, please don't do this. Don't make this more difficult for me than it already is.

I looked at Krishna, this time pleadingly. His facial contortion, hadn't changed a bit. He was just blankly staring at me.

"KANHA! SAY SOMETHING! YOUR SILENCE IS JUST MAKING EVERYTHING WORSE!" Roared an exasperated Bade Dau. I shivered. In all my stay, I hadn't seen him this gloriously angry.

"Dau..." Said Krishna, calmly keeping a hand on his shoulder, a fuming Balram breathed deeply.

Krishna then turned to look at me, He was holding a monotonous plain smile. The kind that knew something
Worse was about to come. Yet no one else could see that in his eyes. He was indeed very good at holding a poker face.

No wonder, I imbibed that.

"Our Princess, is wise and smart. She now, is capable of making her own decisions. And The decision that she has taken for the fate of Dwarka should be respected by us. If this is what she desires, then I, Dwarkadhish Vasudev Krishna, and all the citizens of Dwarka shall comply to it. If Princess Vrinda chooses to bare a punishment rather than war then I...." He paused. I could sense the hesitation in his voice and the growing lump in his throat.