Chapter 21; A Truth That Shatters

R U D R A

R U D R A

Conflict was a charge which every familial relationship was guilty of. Familiarity bred contempt. But conflicts don't hurt as much as betrayals.

Betrayal crushes your soul when it is from your own father.

As my horse entered the gates of the magnificent city of Indraprastha, the thing in my chest clenched so hard, I felt the physical pain of it crushing so brutally. This which my father had so gloriously laid claim on, was not ours in the least. It was hers. Indraprastha breathed in Vrinda's veins and to take away from her, the only purpose of her life seemed like a crime, which I would never let anyone commit.

Not even my own father.

As I fell on my feet, the guard took my horse. I was met with eyes that I hadn't seen for the past few months.

"Prince Rudra, welcome to your new abode. Indraprastha embraces you with open arms." Said that voice.

"Quit your formality with me, Chaitya." I smiled walking towards him.

"Fine then, asshole. Welcome back."

"Now that is the boy, who I grew up with." I laughed embracing his short physique.

"You've been gone three months, brother. You don't what a pain in the ass the army of Ahichatra is."

I chuckled. "Well, nobody asked you to be a soldier, brother. You were just a kid lost among the huge arches of the royal palace and I was the only one who matched the state of your heart. "

Chaitya rolled his eyes and hugged me, patting on my back.

"It's good to have you back, Rudra. You're going to love this place. Every corner of its body has a mystery hidden in it."

Just like her.

I frowned. Even standing and breathing on this land felt like a thievery. It was supposed to be a golden opportunity for the kingdom of Ahichtara. Our relations with the royal family of Hastinapur had always been strong; considering the fact that my father was Acharya Drona's son. The mentor of the Kuru princes. Prince Duryodhana's lust for power had always been a lore that each royal household had been told, yet our family had lived it.

"I have to meet Baba." I said, looking at Chaitya. He frowned; awkwardly surprised at the intense tone of my voice.

"As you should, brother. Lord knows you both have issues to discuss." He replied.

I nodded; my facial contortion was still that of a frown. Chaitya knew that there was something wrong, he always had. Yet he never let words of consolation come out of his mouth. He knew that the biggest closure I'd receive would be from the problem that I had faced.

Entering the interiors of the palace, I felt chills run down my spine from the spectacle my eyes had witnessed. Indraprastha was indeed a home of illusions. The palace made you visualise natural beauty. As I walked past the halls of the huge construction; everything seemed to lighten up and turn into a beautiful forest with the fresh sound of chirping, settled in every cell of one's ear.