Chapter 5; Answers

V R I N D A

V R I N D A

The Rangshala Arena was enveloped by a huge gathering. The whole of Dwarka had assembled. The atmosphere was full of joy and excitement due to the happy chirps of the Dwarkans. They had assembled to witness the first round of the championship, and soon their wish was to be fulfilled. We the participants, were standing in the middle of the Arena, surrounded by the asanas of the knowledgeable Brahmins and Scholars that had arrived in Dwarka, from all over Bharatvarsh to test our philosophical knowledge.

Krishna and Balram were sitting with the royal family, at the centre of the shed, where one could get the wholesome view of the Rangshala Arena.
The handler of the entire championship was Kritverma , the general of the Dwarkan Army, which was popularly known as the Narayani Sena because it was capable of yielding every and any kind of weapon. It was the most productive and powerful army of the entire Bharatvarsh.

My gaze wandered to look for the seats of the guest families. While doing so, my eyes met that of my so called Uncle, Duryodhana. A shiver ran down my spine as he smirked at me, reminding me of the happenings of last night. I looked away and focused my energy on the General.

"My sincere greetings, to the Kings, Queens and the subjects of Dwarka!" A voice boomed across the Arena. Kritverma. "We all have gathered here today to witness, the magnum opus. The first round of the great championship, which is sponsored by our honourable Kings, in the name of peace." His voice danced and soon was interrupted by a huge round of applause.

"Now, first things first. Let me clarify the rules of the championship, to be followed by the participants." He said, turning toward us.
"Each participant will be asked questions individually to test his and her philosophical knowledge. The questions will be based on the four vedas , Upnishads and other philosophical texts composed in Bharatvarsh. The participant who answers most questions correctly will be passed to the second round. Those who wouldn't make it, will be disqualified from this championship."

Okay Vrinda, no pressure. It's just a championship on which your future and the respect of your Dwarka depends. No pressure.

I looked at Rudra, he seemed so calm and composed, as always. My mind drifted back to last night's incident. The fact that that the Kauravas wanted to use me as a bait, to lure my family was seemingly disturbing. But my encounter with the enigmatic Prince of Ahichatra had rather, put me in a dilemma.
Did he know what exactly they were planning? Was he involved in the plan? What did he mean when he said, Things aren't always as simple as they seem?

He knew more than he was allowing people to see. I had to find out.

"Let the championship begin!" Announced, Kritverma. His loud, thunderous voice, jerked me back to reality. I felt epinephrine rush into my veins. This was it. The moment had arrived.