Chapter 14; Unfolding

R U D R A

R U D R A

Fear. It's a complex emotion. It carries the capability to cripple and to stimulate a feeling for keeping courage at the time of adversity. Sometimes it drives us to let not the inevitable take place. Sometimes, it gives us courage to fight death itself.

Sometimes.

We humans are always taught never to fear death. It is seen as the ultimate liberation. A peaceful state. And we oblige to it. We are not scared of death.

Our death.

But what about the death of our loved ones? Can Humans really bare the front of the inevitable end, if it demands someone we love?

No.

It had been three days, since my Vrinda was brutally attacked. Both by the sharp stride of a sword and the dagger of betrayal.

The image of her limp, pale and almost lifeless body was not going away from my mind. Every time I closed my eyes, I heard her chocking whispers in my head.

"I-I...t-think...t-that...I-I'm...going to...d-die."

My breath hitched and hands trembled at The thought of her cold dead body lying on the ground.

I could be exposed to war, bloodshed, massacres and gory violence. But why is that the mere thought of loosing her made me frightened out of my bloody heart?

I looked at the door in front of me. My eyes concentrated on each and every particle of the wooden work. Waiting for it to open. The beats of my anxious heart were thudding with desperation.

It's been three days. They should've treated her by now!

Unless...

I shivered and threw the recurring thoughts and images in my mind. She couldn't give up so easily. She's a fighter.

I felt a pang of excruciating pain starting to build up in my head. The dizziness grew stronger with every passing moment. I felt as if my head would explode at any point now. My eyes burned with the weight of unshed tears. It was miserable.

She's in even more pain. An unimaginable pain.

"She was stabbed with a poisonous sword. A rare kind of poison. It slowly burns the internals of the body."

His voice echoed in my conscience.

Oh, Mahadev! Please give all the pain to me. I'll gladly accept death on her behalf."
I prayed with tears boiling my eyes, threatening to come out, like the flow of a river.