Snowy Dreams

[Genderbent AU]

Twenty one days before 

It was snowing softly. She had been running terrified through the snow but now Anaya stood in the snow, how did she end up here of all places? Her eyes grew wide in fear, she'd started running and moments later she was back at the orphanage. "Amelia will be freaking out. I should just retrace my steps." She did, but she still couldn't find her way, panic struck her and she fell into tears screaming and cursing the wind. She stood only to fall. Anaya ran in all different directions but only ever ended up at the orphanage. She needed to get back to Amelia- Anaya sat up crying silently. She picked up her phone and called Amelia. 

"Hello..?" A sleepy voice answered.

"A-Amelia I had another nightmare will you c-come ove-r?" She asked weakly into the phone.

"Of course babe, I'll be over right away." Amelia didn't hang up like others would, she kept talking to Anaya while she drove.

 Anaya was immensely grateful that Amelia didn't hang up. 

"Amy, is it still snowing?" Anaya asked softly.

 "Yep." 

"Okay... any ice yet?" 

"No... Not that I can tell at least." 

Anaya yawned. "Are you almost here?"

 "Yup.. Pulling into your driveway now."  Amelia murmured.

"Good, we can cuddle."

 Amelia laughed, "yeah, we can cuddle."

 Anaya heard the car and unlocking the door she let Amelia in. She then started to explain the dream and Amelia listened. Amelia could sense the underlying panic in Anaya's voice. Amelia knew about the nightmares and she knew about the constant fear of the orphanage. Amelia nodded when Anaya finished talking and then she made hot cocoa and turned on a Disney movie for Anaya. 

"Anaya, how often do you have these dreams?" 

Anaya shuddered, "This is only the fourth time it's happened." 

Amelia nodded and held her girlfriend close as they drifted off to sleep.

Fourteen days before

A week later Amelia woke up to snow. She loved the snow and was bursting with childish joy. Firstly, Amelia picked up her phone and called Anaya "ANAYA. Snow! Come over right now! Let's make snow angels and snowmen!" 

Anaya agreed rather reluctantly. She drove over ten minutes later. Anaya knocked on the door and Amelia opened it to let her girlfriend in. 

"Anaya! Look at all the snow, also I made pancakes with help from Maddie." Amelia gushed with happiness.

Anaya giggled at the excitement.

 "May I have some pancakes?"

 "'Course cutie."

 Amelia ushered Anaya to the kitchen before grabbing a plate and putting a few pancakes on it.

 Anaya looked up to see Amelia talking with her sister, Anaya silently wished she had a sister. She had brothers but she didn't remember much about them. She knew she didn't have any sisters. 

Amelia smiled, "let's walk up the park, we can make snow angels!" 

Anaya agreed and the two left after eating.

Seven days before

Amelia has always joked that she'd take her girlfriend to Russia to propose. Anaya always said that Amelia couldn't afford both a ring and a trip to Russia. Well, she was right but Amelia still hoped that maybe she could make that fantasy real.

And now by magic it seemed she could finally take Anaya to Russia and propose.

Six days before

Picking up her phone Amelia texted Anaya.

Amelia: Anaya! Pack a suitcase we're going to Russia in two days

Anaya: TWO DAYS?!

Amelia: Yas girl

Anaya: Wow, what the fuck. How on earth did you manage this?? 

Amelia: ;)

Amelia: It's my secret bae

Anaya: Oh wow that wasn't helpful! At all! But how long will we b there??

Amelia: A WEEK 

Anaya: Yas bitch

Amelia: I love you and I'll b over in an hour

Anaya: Coolio see u then, love u more 

Smiling to herself Amelia went to grab a velvet box.

Four days before

Landing in Russia Anaya felt so delighted. She was back where she belonged. 

"Amelia! This is just amazing! How'd you ever get the money?" 

Amelia laughed, "that, my love, I'd rather not share." 

"You didn't steal it right?" 

Amelia smirked, "'Course not."

"Where are we staying so we can head there?" Anaya then asked. 

"A kickass hotel downtown."  Amelia replied. 

As they walked down town, Amelia started humming the wedding march under her breath, causing Anaya to wonder what her girlfriend had planned.

Two days before

"If Romeo and Juliet hadn't died maybe their love story wouldn't have been so terrible." Amelia stated. Anaya glanced over at her girlfriend. 

"Why do you say that? Romeo and Juliet was great." Anaya defended.

"As if! But I just don't want our love story to end up like that." 

Anaya laughed gently, "угол* ours won't end up like that,"

The Day Of

Amelia took Anaya to Red Square in Moscow. They talked and laughed until Amelia sat them down on a bench. She turned and looked Anaya directly in the eyes and she started off by saying, "Anaya, you're so pretty. You're clever and funny and everything I've ever wanted. You make me a better person when I'm with you and you keep me grounded and together. I love you." Anaya shuffled. "I adore you, so my angel Anaya, will you marry me?" Anaya nodded tears in her eyes. "Yes of course Amy!"

Eight days after

"Maddie, will you be a bridesmaid?" Amelia asked casually.

"Hmm? Oh! Yes I'd love to be one." Maddie smiled. "Oh Amelia, you're making Mom and Maman so proud!" Her words made Amelia slightly sad but she perked back up. "This will be great, because I love Anaya."

Ten days after

"I love you Anaya." Amelia smiled, "I love you too Amelia." Anaya was smiling as well. Amelia paused then kissed Anaya. They giggled, but smiled and as Anaya stared into her lover's eyes, she fell deeper in love. They didn't need a fancy wedding to be happy together, they had each other and that was enough. 

A/N:
* угол - meaning angel in Russian