Adopting

[Adoption AU]

"Lovino, mi querido, this is your new home." An elderly lady said, she smiled now at a seven year old Lovino. He looked tired, like an old man it seemed. 

He simply nodded.

 "I'll show you to your room." Lovino followed obediently. 

A girl entered the room. She was young but she was not stunning in appearance. 

"Abuela!" She cried, angry.

Turning the elder women smiled.

"Sophia, what do you need el amor?" 

"You are too old to adopt another child, especially a boy."  The girl was upset.

Sighing the old woman said, "Sophia, I refuse to leave a child of my nephews in a foster home. No matter the gender, sexuality, or anything else. I felt I needed to adopt his young child, and Sophia, he's seven. He's without parents, grandparents, or any family to take him in. He's my grandson now." 

Lovino smiled at her, "T-thank you." He whispered. 

The old women smiled, "Your welcome, Lovino."

-

Lovino woke up with his husbands arms around him. 

"Hmm" he mumbled, he felt Antonio stir beside him. 

"Lovii" Antonio murmured.

"Yes?" Lovino mumbled.

"I love you so much." 

Antonio had been saying that almost every day since they got married and Lovino adored it. 

The phone rang and Lovino reluctantly got up to answer, he could hear Antonio whining about him leaving the bed. 

"H-hello?" Lovino asked, stifling a yawn.

"Hello! My dear!" A sweet voice said.

 "Grandmama!" Lovino smiled. "I need to ask a favor, I understand if you say no..."

After about two weeks Lovino felt more at home, he still followed Abuela around and was afraid of Sophia. She'd shown her dislike for Lovino. She would tease him and Abuela couldn't always help Lovino. 

"Lovi, will you help me by setting the table?" Abuela asked.

"Sì." The small Italian boy replied. 

As he got to work Abuela started singing, she always sang Italian lullabies. "Stella, stellina la notte si avvicina la fiamma traballa,*"

"What's the favor Abuela?" Lovino asked, more awake now.

"Well, there are these two little girls, Frances and Ellie. I'm currently fostering them but they need a real home... Would you and Antonio want them? They're not even in middle school yet, you could raise them... Completely as your own." She said, hesitating.

 The was a long pause.

 "We'll start by fostering them." Lovino finally said.

The two started arranging the details before Antonio came in and told Lovino breakfast was almost ready and he had to hand up. 

"Lovi, what did Miss Maria want?" Antonio asked casually.

"Abuela wanted us to foster these two girls, we're picking them up tomorrow." 

Lovino hopped onto the counter to watch Antonio. 

"Why didn't you ask me if I wanted to foster?" Antonio asked childishly.

"Do you?" Lovino asked, amusement in his voice.

"Of course." 

Laughing, Lovino kissed Antonio's cheek.

Lovino was now nine.

"Lovi! There's a girl here to see you!" Sophia called.

Lovino slowly came down stairs he stepped around the corner and was meet with a cute blond girl. 

"Hi, I'm Jess, the principal's daughter."  Jess smiled.

"Oh.." 

Sophia nudged Lovinio. 

"I mean, hi Jess I'm Lovino. It's nice to meet you." 

She smiled. "It's lovely to meet you as well. I live near you and Papa suggested I make a new friend." Jess had a slight British accent and pretty green eyes. 

"I hope we become close."  Jess seemed nice.

"M-me too." Lovino agreed shyly. Jess was very pretty and Lovino was rather shy. 

"Let's go play outside!" Jess suggested and the two ran off.

"Thanks Abuela!" Lovino said before he looked down at Frances and Ellie. Frances had almost violet looking eyes and dark brown hair which was pulled back. Frances was the polar opposite of Ellie who had light pale blond hair and dark eyes, her hair was short and let loose around her face. 

"I'm Lovino, you call me Lovino or Lovi whichever." 

"I'm Frances and that's Ellie." Frances said, her eyes narrowed.

Lovino nodded, and ushered them into his car. "How old are you two?" 

"I'm nine and Ellie is six." 

Lovino nodded.

"I hope you ladies don't mind but my husband stayed home to clean up."

 "Husband?" Ellie repeated, that was the first thing she'd said since they left. "That's so cool! I've always wanted two dads." She said happily. 

Her sister only giggled. 

Lovino smiled, "glad you think so." 

As they pulled up Antonio came out smiling sweetly, as they made their way to the door.

"Frances and Ellie meet my husband, Antonio." Lovino introduced proudly.

"Hi!" 

"Hello." They both smiled and waved slightly.

Lovino was fifteen and Jess wanted him to be her boyfriend, it was obvious that Lovino wasn't interested. 

"Lovi, if you don't want to date Jess, then who do you like?" Abuela asked one evening when Lovino had been crying.

"The new student... His name is Antonio." Lovino sniffled.

 "A guy?" Abuela asked.

"What?! Is that to weird?" 

"No, no."

Lovino couldn't help it, he cried harder. "Lovi, I love you no matter who or what you like. I promise." 

"P-pinky promise?" 

"Of course dear." 

She wrapped him into her arms and Lovino cried until he fell asleep.

The next few months with Frances and Ellie went smoothly and soon after Antonio and Lovino adopted them. Abuela came to visit often and they were happy. 

The couple both knew this wasn't the ending but it was happy.

A/N:

Jess is a FrUk baby 

Frances and Ellie are Russia/China babies 

The song Abuela was singing is twinkle twinkle little star in Italian