Huntsmen

[Hunter AU]

A small Finnish boy ran, he ran as far away as he could. He skidded on the frozen lake and fell. The second he fell a tall blond man appeared behind him, the man had unruly hair and he smirked like he'd already won. Raising a sword to strike, the smaller man rolled out of rang, standing he glared. 

"Matthis! This isn't right! Leave me alone." He yelled, trying to be dramatic. 

"Tino you brought this upon yourself." The man, Matthis, shot back.

Frustrated to small boy darted off again he was close to safety. He saw the Swedish border and, grinning, ran faster. He crossed the border and turned to look at everything he had to leave.

The hunter obviously angry, snapped, "Tino. Cross back, come to me and see the king! You can return and I'll even help you get your name cleared-" 

"No. I'm starting over here. I have to stay here, you won't help me. I know that for a fact." Tino hissed through gritted teeth.

 Glaring, Tino stalked off, only to turn back around, "sorry for your loss, Matthis!" He called and wandered off, alone and cold. 

Tino wasn't actually sure what Mattis's loss was only that he deserved to lose something.

He walked until he found a town. 

"Thank god for this town. I'm freezing." He muttered and promptly walked straight into a tall blond man (he had a thing for tall blonds). 

"OH! I'm so so sorry!" He squeaked. 

"It's fine." Was the response. 

"Uh, my names Tino... What's yours?" Tino tried to make conversation. 

"Berwald." The response felt dull to Tino.

 "Is there a hotel I could stay at?" Tino felt desperate.

"Hmm." Berwald stared at Tino and nodded "follow me."

He said then motioned for Tino to follow him. They walked on in silence, Tino admiring the town, suddenly stopped. 

"Berwald, what's that?" He pointed to what appeared to be a broken bell tower. 

"It's just a broken tower." He started walked again. 

Tino looked at it a moment longer, "This town is beautiful." Tino said in awe before following Berwald. 

Finally, the reached the town's heart. 

Practically glowing with light Tino smiled.

"Kiitos!*" Tino said, grinning.

Berwald nodded but stayed at Tino's side. 

"The hotels that way." Berwald noted before leading Tino there. "What brought you here?" He abruptly asked. 

"Uh, in Denmark the king wanted me for to be his taste tester but I didn't want that. So I ran and I ran until I crossed into Sweden then walked until I met you." Tino lied. 

"Hmm." Berwald opened the door for Tino, and followed him in. He got Tino a room then said farewell to Tino.

Two days and a long nap later Tino got ready to leave. He said goodbye to the hotel owners and started off to Norway where he had friends. He almost didn't notice when Berwald fell into step next to him.

"Oh! Hello Berwald!" Tino was happy to see the taller man.

"Hi, Tino, you leaving?" 

Tino nodded shyly, "I'm headed off to Norway, I've got a friend who can help me out." 

"Well, I know a safe fast way to get there." Berwald stated.

Tino smiled, "could you show me?" 

"Ja." Suddenly Berwald turned Tino to face him and he spoke slowly, "I don't want you travelling all alone." 

"I'll be fine, I've traveled farther with less company. I'm trained to be able to survive." Tino explained.

 Berwald leaned down and placed his hands onto Tino's shoulders. "I don't doubt you could survive. I just want you to be okay. I'd rather you not be alone." Tino knew then he couldn't leave Berwald here in Sweden alone. The two watched each other carefully. 

Tino asked, "Come with me? Come to Norway. You can be my companion." 

Berwald smiled slowly, "Ja, I'll go with you Tino."

"Promise?" 

Berwald laughed, it was sweet and Tino loved it.

"Promise." 

They sealed it with a pinky promise.

* kiitos - Finnish for thank you