The Temptation & How it Ruins Alfred

"I can't give up my entire life just because you can't be mature enough to know what my job includes!"

Alfred stomped along the muddy streets, he was a frustrated young man of twenty-seven with sandy blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Alfred had a steady job as a tattoo artist and he kept several cats. 

On this walk, he felt deeply unhappy. He had been sucked into his thoughts and feelings which caused him to be completely oblivious to where he was going. That wasn't necessarily only in reference where he was physically going.

He honestly couldn't care less where he trudged on that godless Thursday, he just walked and wandered along in his angry stupor. The soft lighting of a building caught his attention and he half expected it to be some quaint shop because that's how things went in storybooks. Instead, Alfred was greeted with a night club. The flickering sign read The Temptation in blue lights. Alfred cast his eyes wearily around the alleyway with little amusement on his tired face. He knew he shouldn't go inside, the night club was no place for a tired man.

He had an internal battle before entering the club. People jostled and hollered and shoved to get closer to the stage. The club was dimly lit with a bar and loud music but everyone was attracted to the stage where a man was dancing. 

The man wasn't wearing much aside from lacy boxers and he seemed to be perfectly in tune with the music. The man was short and slim but he had a considerable amount of muscle. The man had black hair that was messy and it looked slick with sweat. Alfred figured the man had brown eyes but was too far away to see. The man was perfectly in tune with everything, the music, the crowd, and he radiated confidence. 

Alfred felt his jaw drop, a man beside him noticed and chuckled, "Kiku is the best in the business." Alfred laughed wryly, "that feels like an understatement. He's incredible." Something ached in Alfred's chest.

Alfred felt he had the right to ignore the fact he just waltzed into a strip club because Kiku was amazing and Alfred felt a familiar rush of emotion seeing him dance. "He'd be even better if he worked at a big time club." The man replied before smirking and walking off. 

Alfred continued the watch the man on stage in total awe but he hardly noticed his childlike amazement. It seemed to ease his mind for unabashedly staring when he saw tons of other people watching with hunger, no matter how animal like it felt to him.

Alfred momentarily forgot his anger and heartbreak from earlier. A glimpse of Kiku and his rage settled.

Alfred thoughtlessly walked toward the stage as if Kiku had a hold on him. He sucked in a sharp breath as Kiku danced, he was awe-struck. The dance ended and Kiku moved off the stage which caused Alfred to make a mad dash for him. "H-hey!" He called breathlessly. Kiku turned with a light smile and a trace of annoyance. Alfred stood there for such a long minute, a rush of emotions flickered on his face and Kiku raised his eyebrows before turning away. 

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry and that I love you. So much. You're my world and I don't want us to keep having the same fight." Alfred said, his words tumbling out of his mouth uncontrolled.

Kiku sighed, "Alfie.. We talked about this. Don't visit me at work." 

Alfred's anger returned, just like that. "Don't dismiss me." Alfred hissed, his pale face twisted in anger and hurt and Kiku ran his hand lovingly along Alfred's face.

"Alfie, my love, I won't quit my job for you." Kiku whispered, a swell of emotion in his voice.

"I know and it was selfish of me to ask that and I'm here to apologize. Clearly, you don't want that though." Alfred said, a hint of hurt in his words.

"Please, let's talk at home." Kiku reasoned, sadness evident upon his face.

"If you don't show I'll know what matters more." Alfred said before his words registered in his own brain, "I-I didn't mean that."

"I know you didn't. You're upset, I understand." Kiku said softly.

Alfred kissed Kiku's hand softly and left.

It was undoubtedly a painful moment to the few clubbers who saw what happened. The hurt was obvious to them. Kiku watched with pain as Alfred swiftly started for the door. A part of Kiku wished he would call Alfred back but that moment never came. 

Tired and aching Alfred returned to his cats and his soap operas.

Alfred stormed into the apartment he shared with Kiku and angrily got onto the couch.

Midnight arrived and saw Alfred passed out on the sofa, a small tabby cat sleeping on his chest and a white cat sleeping on his face. However, to the despair of the night, Kiku didn't arrive. Minutes dragged by with no sign of Alfred's lover. Alfred slept fitfully and he dreamed of the happier times when Kiku came home and they talked and cuddled. 

Alfred dreamed of times when neither man hurt each other.

2am arrived silently and with it came an exhausted Kiku. Kiku saw the lamp on through a front window and entered the apartment, part of him wished Alfred was awake but he knew how hard his lover worked. Kiku dumped his backpack by the front door and shooed the cats away before curling up with Alfred. The two would talk later but for now Kiku just wanted to be with his lover.