Unlikely Happenings

The wind blew and hurried Alfred along the muddy street, the past few days had been rainy and bland. The wind blew once more and ruffled Alfred's already messy hair. Alfred groaned aloud, if only he hadn't agreed to accompany Kiku to what Alfred now called frozen hell. 

Frozen hell was Russia and Kiku had gone there on "business" but he had social anxiety and brought Alfred along for company and support. Naturally, Alfred was delighted to join his friend and help him out. The two were especially close even within their friend group. 

Alfred, who had been walking for an hour at least, was starting to feel run down. He entered a small coffee shop and unwrapped his blue scarf draping it loosely around his neck. He smiled at the young lady working the register and ordered coffee and a bubliks in his undeniably bad Russian accent. Alfred had always loved being in cafes alone but not today, he was behind on a couple of things and taking time off work only promised more stress later but still he rested and enjoyed the beauty of Russia. 

At long last and sighing dramatically, Alfred plopped down at a table for two with his bubliks and coffee. Not more than five minutes later a guy walked in, normally Alfred wouldn't look up but today was different for a wide variety of reasons. Alfred's eyes widened in shock because the most breath taking guy stood in the doorway. To further fuck Alfred over, he had nice violet eyes and Alfred didn't think that was possible. Plus his silver-y hair was windblown and looked amazing. Alfred was royally fucked just by looking at this man. The man's scarf brought out his eyes and his black jacket looked softer than his hair. Alfred nearly whistled but he reminded himself that he was in public. He then got reminded he wasn't here to fuck guys either because Kiku called him, impeccable timing Alfred thought annoyed.

"Hi Kiku." He said, he sounded rather annoyed and he felt annoyed too. "Alfred, where are you?" "Uhm, a coffee shop a block away from the hotel, there's the hottest guy here too, oh my god Kiku." Alfred could practically hear Kiku's disappointment over the phone. 

"I did not bring you to Russia for this reason. Come back to the hotel within the hour please." 

"He's got these violet eyes that are just wow." Alfred continued ignoring Kiku.

 "Alfred seriously-" Came the protest. 

"His hair looks softer than your ass-"

 "Alfred! what does that mean?" Kiku asked voice cracking in embarrassment. 

Alfred laughed sounding happier already. "Kiku, he's hot." 

Kiku then hung up. 

 A deep laugh came from behind Alfred and he jumped a little, "I'm sorry about over hearing you." The voice said in a thick Russian accent. Alfred turned around to face the Very Hot Guy™ and almost groaned aloud, he was hotter up close. "Uhm, how much did you over hear?" Alfred asked, in a weird voice. "Just about all of it." The man admitted and smiled wryly, "But it's okay. You aren't half bad yourself." Alfred fidgeted and blushed immensely. The man laughed again before saying.

"I'm Ivan, by the way." 

"Alfred." 

They looked at each other in the silence.

 "So what brings you here?" Ivan asks.

It was obvious Alfred wasn't from Russia. 

"My friend is here on business and wanted me to come along for input." Alfred said, relaxed now. 

"Ah, and where is your friend from, Alfred?" Ivan asked somehow knowing Kiku wasn't American. 

"Kiku is Japanese." 

They talked for awhile then Alfred said he had to get going but it was lovely to meet Ivan, he said this in nearly flawless Russian. 

Alfred hurried awkwardly out of the cafe, rushing back to the hotel before it stormed again. Alfred internally kicked himself, why on earth would he run away from someone so pretty?  It made no sense, entering the hotel lobby Alfred got onto an elevator and went up to his room. Opening the door he saw Kiku laying on one of the beds on his laptop, probably writing something or playing a game.

"Hey, why'd you want me here so quickly?" Alfred asked, pulling his phone out of his pocket as he spoke. Unlocking his phone, Alfred looked at Kiku expectantly. "I have a meeting in an hour and you need to come with me." Kiku said then added "Please." 

"What's this meeting about?" Alfred asked while he opened the messaging app and sent a message to his brother. Kiku simply shrugged. 

The two men walked silently along together as they headed to Kiku's meeting. Alfred had grabbed a thicker dark green jacket that matched his black skinny jeans nicely and Kiku wore his usual long blue coat. Alfred held the door open for Kiku and then followed him into the building. The first thing Alfred noticed was the hot guy from the cafe, Ivan, and it was a 'well shit' moment for Alfred. Ivan noticed Alfred pretty quickly and smiled from across the room. Alfred flicked Kiku's arm and pointed toward Ivan, "Alfie, go talk to him." Alfred nodded.

"Alfred! I did not expect to see you here!" Ivan said, smiling all the while.

 "Yeah, it's pretty crazy." 

"But because you are here I have a question for you." Ivan continued. 

"Yeah?" Alfred questioned, curious now. "Would you want to go out on a date?" He asked shyly, Alfred grinned. "Sure I'm in Russia for about another two weeks anyway."