2 Restrained

Amber

His hand grasped my wrist and pulled me to a stop. I lurched backwards and almost fell down.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked. "Trying to escape again? I thought you learned your lesson last time."

"I did, I'm not running away from here."

"Seems like you were," his voice was silky.

I shook my head.

"You never learn."

Somehow, he manoeuvred me around so I was facing him and he planted his lips on mine. I froze in my shock and even though I had sensed he had been angling in this direction for some time, the reality of his unwanted advances was difficult to comprehend in my shock.

I turned my mouth away. "Let me go, Jasper," I said, trying to be firm without drawing his ire.

"Why? So you can run?" His eyes were black in the darkness.

"No, so I can go to my room."

He grinned and the expression was horribly familiar. It was the same look he had worn while tormenting me as a child. Not much had changed since then. I tried to yank my sore wrist away.

In response, he started pulling me towards the trees.

"I'm going back to my room," I told him, trying to pull in the opposite direction to no avail.

"Doesn't seem like that."

"Jasper."

"What? Give me one good reason to take you back to your room."

It sounded so horribly suggestive when he said it in that tone.

"I'm tired and I have a lot to do early in the morning."

"We won't be that long," he said. It was a threat, not a promise.

I hoped beyond hope that he was just messing with me, that he was only trying to scare me. Maybe, if I satisfied him with my fear, he would tire of his games and leave me be. A whimper that felt all too real escaped my throat.

"Quiet, Amber."

"I'm scared."

"I'm not going to hurt you if you don't fight me."

I didn't want not to fight, and even though they had forced me to bend to their wills for years and punished me whenever I did not perfectly comply, I was not going to let him do whatever he wanted to me so easily.

My usual survival strategy, my pretense of compliance, began.

He must have noticed that I had relaxed my muscles and stopped yanking against his wrist, because even though he did not let me go, his grip loosened just enough to be perceivable, as he continued to drag me along.

I did not fight as we stopped in a clearing and he turned to me, pulling me up against him. I stayed limp while he groped me and when he finally pushed me on the ground.

So focused was he on his own crime against me, he paid no attention to what I was doing. My arms were loose and I felt around the ground with my hands, hoping to find something I could use as a weapon against him while he was distracted.

I found nothing but dirt, so I grasped as much as I could, handfuls of damp soil and sand. Slowly, ever so slowly, I brought my hands closer to his face while he hovered above me and fumbled with our clothing.

And slowly, then suddenly, I shoved the dirt into his eyes, grinding it into his eyeballs as hard as I could. I hoped I would blind him so he could never look at me again.