40 Stop

Devon Mature

I let a part of my weight rest on Amber as I kissed her, frantically trying to decide what to do. My wolf was pushing me to take her, as fervently as when she had been in heat, and my body was in full agreement. I had spent the weeks since she had returned to me in near constant discomfort and my control was an increasingly thin thread.

She was kissing me back with enthusiasm, and her legs were still wrapped around me as if to hold me in place. She had said she was sure. She was sure. Sure.

I broke the kiss and tried to force my mind to function normally. "You'll tell me to stop if you change your mind?"

Her wide eyes looked up into mine. "Okay."

"Promise me you will if you do."

She smiled at me and I felt it in my chest. "I promise I will tell you to stop if I want you to stop."

I could stop if she changed her mind at some point. I could go slowly, for her. She needed patience, not an animalistic frenzy.

My mind gave up the fight and I kissed her again, keeping my weight braced on one arm while I increased the space between us, and I moved my other hand down to run along her hip, and then under her shirt, up the curve of her stomach, between us. Slowly I wrapped my hand around a bra-covered breast, watching her reaction while I did it. Her eyes widened as she looked into mine, but she didn't protest.

I explored that breast with my hand like I had been waiting to do since I'd found her, and then the other, and she moaned low in her throat. Pushing her shirt up, I brought my mouth down and bit gently through the cloth. "Does that feel good?" I asked.

She nodded. Her breathing was fast and ragged. I pulled free of her legs and she looked confused, but I smiled at her. "Don't worry, I'm not done with you yet."

Her breath hitched in her throat as I brought her up, pulling her shirt over her head. Once she realized what I was doing, she cooperated with my plan. I reached around her and unclasped her bra and pulled it off, too, throwing it somewhere—I didn't care where it landed as long as it wasn't blocking my view of her chest.

And what a chest it was, perky breasts crowned with perfect nipples. I just gaped at her since I'd never seen anything I wanted more.

Then I glanced at her face to make sure she was okay, and I found her looking off into the corner of the room. My heart sank. "Amber, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Look at me."

She did, reluctantly.

"Are you uncomfortable?"

"Kind of."

"Do you want me to stop?" My wolf wished we had separate bodies so he could go for my throat for suggesting something so monumentally stupid, but I ignored that feeling. I also ignored the way I ached for her.

Her forehead crinkled. "Do you want to stop?"

"Of course not. There's nothing I want more than this."

"Okay."

"Are you worried about what I think of you?"

She looked over at the corner again.

"You don't have to worry about that. You've got nothing to worry about. You were designed for me. I could look at you—" I ran a finger over her exposed flesh "—for the rest of my life and never get tired of the sight. I swear."

She met my eyes again, and she smiled. I knelt before her and took one breast into my mouth, and then the other, teasing her until all her worries were banished.