15: Inaceitável

inaceitável; unacceptable

"I think I'm going crazy. I'm totally paranoid all the time," Elena said nervously. "You have a right to be. Klaus is still out there and he knows you tried to kill him," Bonnie said. "Why hasn't he made a move? There's been no sign of him, nothing. Just my slow spiral into insanity," Elena stressed. "Join the club," Bonnie and I said at the same time.

"Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare on repeat," Bonnie explained. "The same dream," Elena asked. "Yeah. 4 coffins. Klaus is in one of them. It's weird," Bonnie said. I slowly left the table for my focus was elsewhere.

That morning after homecoming I woke up back at my place and everything from that night was somewhat a blur. Oh well. Just my brain telling me to forget about it.

"Alright, you have your choice. Bloody mary, screwdriver. Brunch in a bottle. C'mon, Ric. I can't drink all this by myself. I mean, I can, but then. Somebody's getting naked. Oh, man. I can't believe you're making me drink alone," Damon complained. "I'm busy," Ric hissed. "I'll drink with you," I offered. "Uh, no. It's the eve of Klausageddon. You're doing homework," Damon said.

"This may come as a shock but I am not here to hang out with you. I'm here to see Jeremy who is an hour late for his shift," Alaric explained and I recognized that their conversation was getting boring. I went to reach for one of the drinking options Damon offered to Alaric.

Moments later Damon and I were playing dart while drunk. Elena was complaining to his ear but I wasn't listening. Not that much.

"You okay," she asked. "What makes you think I'm not okay," Damon asked. "Well, you're day drunk. It's not exactly your most attractive look," Elena said. "Oh. What is my most attractive look," Damon crept closer to her leaving me behind.

"Uh-uh. I'm not saying you have any attractive looks. I'm just... saying this is my least favorite one," Elena said. "Noted. I'll see if I can make any improvements," Damon said. "Elena. Stop hitting on my boyfriend," I said getting in between them. "I'm not--"

"Don't mind me," Klaus said. "We weren't," I said. "Klaus," Elena said. Damon took a protective step in front of the two of us. "You gonna do this in the grill, in front of everyone... It's a little beneath you, don't you think," Damon said. "I don't know what you're talking about. I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with a mate. Get a round, then, would you Tony," Klaus said. He attempted to pull me from behind Damon but I backed away.

"I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour," Damon said. "My sister seems to be missing. I need to sort that out," Klaus said. "Cute, blonde bomdshell? Phyco? Shouldn't be that hard to find," Damon said. "Truth is, I've grown to rather like your town and the things that come with it. I think I might fancy a home here. I imagine you're wondering how does this affect you. The answer is not in the slightest. As long as I get what I want, and everyone behaves themselves, you can go on living your little lives however you choose. You have my word," Klaus said making his way closer to me.

"What more could you possibly want," Elena asked. "Well, or starters, you can tell me where I might find Stefan," Klaus asked. "Stefan skipped town the second he saved your ass," Damon said stepping up to Klaus. "Well, you see, that is a shame. Your btoher stile from me. I need him so that I can take back what's mine," Klaus said bitterly throwing a dart.

"That sounds like a Klaus and Stefan problem," I said and Klaus tried to take a step closer to me but Damon stepped in front of him. Klaus chuckled then turned back to. "Well, this is me broadening the scope, princess. Do remember our conversation," Klaus said awfully close to my face.

<~>

I went to Damon's house with him since we both felt protective over one another. He poured himself a drink without giving me one. "What's your most expensive," I said referring to the drinks. "Don't worry about it. You're not getting any," Damon said.

"I think it's about time we had a drink, don't you," Klaus said. "I'd say we're overdue," Damon smiled. Where the hell did he just come from? The entrance was over there.

"Well, you've been so busy, what with all you plotting and scheming," Klaus said. "You know me-- Never miss a chance to plan an epic failure," Damon said. "Don't be so hard on yourself. Who could have guessed your own brother would betray you," Klaus said walking closer to us. "Well, I did have a front-row seat when your sister lied to you," Damon said. "Yeah, well, she's fickle, that one. And you say you have no idea of her whereabouts," Klaus asked.

"That's the thing with younger siblings. You just-- never know what they're going to do," They both chuckle. "Weird," I mumbled to myself.

Damon poured himself and Klaus a drink once again discluding me. "Cheers, mate," Klaus said draining his drink. "Down the hatch," Damon said. "You know we've actually got a lot inc common, you and I," Klaus said. "Really? Heh. Well, yeah. Maybe we can.. bond over our mutual loathing of my brother. Why are you still mad at him? He stole something," Damon asked as Klaus walked over and around me. Like prey.

"My family. The Originals. I had them daggered, boxed up. Waiting the day when I saw fit to wake them. And we went in and pinched the bloody lot," Klaus said bitterly. "Of course he did. Ah, such a buzzkill, my baby bro. Well, I'd love to find him just the trouble is I sure as hell don't work for you," Damon said.

"You know your drink stinks of vervain. So I can't compel you. They'd be no hope killing you because you're actually the one with the most hope of getting me what I need. And yet, it would seem a demonstration is in order. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough when I told you to find Stefan. Oh, well. It seems you people respond best to displays of violence. Why don't you take this as an example of my reach," Klaus said.

He pulled out his phone and dialed a number. I was scared as to what he was about to do. "There he is. So, that thing I told you to do why don't you go ahead and get on with it," Klaus hang up the phone turned to me. "Come along, princess," he said to me. I nodded my head no and stood my ground.

He just shrugged and sped me with him.

We arrived at what I assume is his new house. He really was serious about staying here. Klaus began bossing the workers around to tell them what he wanted for his home. Tyler made his way in and our attention turned to him. "There he is, the man of the hour," Klaus said. "So everything went okay," Tyler asked.

"Tony rand won Alaric instead of Jeremy but apples, oranges. Message learns the same," Klaus said as if it were nothing. I pushed away from his grip and stared at him as if he were crazy. Newsflash he is. "What the fuck," I exclaimed. "You said you were sending them a warning," Tyler asked. "And I did. An effective one. Elena's family suffers, she's motivated to get me what I want," Klaus said as I continued to freak out.

"I didn't think we'd have to kill anyone," Tyler said. "Tyler, mate. What your feeling is a remnant of a guilty conscience. I need you to get over it, okay? End of the day human life here is just a means to an end-- our means to our end. You'd do well to remember that," he pulled Tyler to the side then returned back to me.

"I swear to God if Alaric's dead--"

"Relax, princess," Klaus said. My eyebrows raised and my anger fumed. "Relax. You want me to "Relax, princess. After you just basically killed my history teacher slash close friends' guardian. Is something not ticking right in that brain of yours," I asked. "Everything's ticking right. It's just an inconvenience that you happen to care for humans that you'll outlive. And those humans are not particularly on my good side today," Klaus spat.

"I won't outlive them. I'm not a vampire. And I'm so, so sorry that I'm an inconvenience to you but I simply just don't care," I said and he stepped closer to me. "I will not receive this level of disrespect from you or anyone else. You will stay here until I say otherwise. Is that clear," Klaus said roughly holding on to my chin. "Crystal," I said and I punched him walking away.